Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default WTF IS THIS???

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 09:48:33 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

That's a pretty healthy rate of feed. What could you look for and
sideline in that 1/20 of a second time frame?

The inspection camera could easily measure the length, width in a
couple locations, and straightness while the part was flying by at 10
FPS...if the part presentation was clean.

hardest part was presenting the parts to the camera in an orderly
fashion, and I tried lots of crazy stuff.

I'll bet it was! Terry has been having fun with candy wrapping
machines.

Ten or twelve years later I
still occasionally find a clothespin half when I'm cleaning in the
shop.

Hey, just wait until you find a pair. Then you can make a _whole_
clothespin!

I did have about 50 gallons of the pieces, some went into the grill,
the rest went to a local art program for disabled folks. Someone there
made a huge sculpture that looked like a Louise Nevelson
http://hthompso3d.files.wordpress.co...e-nevelson.jpg

--
Ned Simmons