Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default WTF IS THIS???

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 05:35:26 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 21:57:58 -0500, Ned Simmons
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 18:34:52 -0600, Ignoramus14302
wrote:

http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/phot...-10&time=11:00
http://www.bidspotter.com/auctions/15139/photos/497.JPG

The beta version of this
http://www.nedsim.com/news/PenleyFeeder01.JPG

Isn't that a parts feeder/nudger for an assembly line of some sort?
It would be rotating at a handful of rpms, not 1725 or 3600rpm, I
would think.

Good guess (fess up, you peeked at the filename). I think it was
actually a de-nudger, but I made it a long time ago so don't remember
exactly what I had in mind. It was a discarded idea for the feed
system for a video inspection machine for the last US clothespin mfr.
-- inspecting the wooden pieces on the fly at 1200 PPM. By far the
hardest part was presenting the parts to the camera in an orderly
fashion, and I tried lots of crazy stuff. Ten or twelve years later I
still occasionally find a clothespin half when I'm cleaning in the
shop.

--
Ned Simmons