Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pushing the Limits of a Morse Taper Shank...

Does anyone have a chart showing the limits of a Morse Taper shank by MT
size?

Obviously, a MT2 can handle less than an MT3, etc. However, I'm trying to
figure out if an MT2 can handle a specific load...

If it matters, I don't think it can and the load is as follows:

Form tapping 1010 steel
1/4-28
0.620" deep
six or seven holes at a time

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022 x113
01.908.542.0244
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-HQ.com
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/AutoDrill
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill

V8013-R

Morse 4.5 taper? Ignoramus17642 Metalworking 19 January 8th 10 04:51 AM
Looking for Morse taper/1-8 adapter mac davis Woodturning 9 May 10th 06 03:23 PM
Morse Taper grinding Jon Elson Metalworking 2 November 3rd 05 04:06 AM
morse taper Allan Adler Metalworking 6 April 30th 04 01:35 AM
2 Morse taper extender to 3 taper, then 1 inch threading die holder Doug Goncz Metalworking 5 October 21st 03 12:00 PM