Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is anybody fluent in Spanish enough to help my customer?

Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 15, 4:49*pm, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:
Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? *I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

LOL...maybe you should consider hiring a Spanish speaking employee?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:49:03 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

If you can't you stick your head out the door and ask a landscaper or a
road worker, couldn't you go to the nearest restaurant and recruit one of
the kitchen help?

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:49:03 -0400, the renowned Tom Gardner
mars@tacks wrote:

Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

Paste his e-mail into Google translate. I'll bet you can figure it
out!

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:49:03 -0400, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:

Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

Tom. Tried to email you directly but you've got a bogus email
address. I have an underemployed Spanish speaking college-grad
daughter in law that might be of help. The email associated with my
posting is legit although munged to keep out the spambots.

RWL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

In 1994, we moved back to southern Louisiana. My FIL owned a derrick
erection company. One day, he got a letter like yours. My daughter had
three years of Spanish by that time, and was taking it her senior year.
Pops brought up the subject, and my daughter said it would be a piece of
cake. He used her as a translator on several jobs with Pemex and some South
American companies, and paid her $50 an hour. She went on to be a language
major, graduating from LSU (GO TIGERS!) She then went to work for the State
of Arkansas in their legal system as an interpreter for Spanish folks in
trouble with the law. Then she got married, and is a stay at home Mom. Ask
around. Put a Craigslist ad. You should be up to your elbows in
interpreters soon.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Tom Gardner" mars@tacks wrote in message
Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing to
e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the guy
wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

Try to include some of these words and phrases:

Y tu mama tambien

Maricohn

Puta

Cafe con leche

Arroz con pollo

wheres la Demostración del burro

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

=============
Check this out -- it won't be word perfect, but should get
you started. Most likely any legal contracts, etc. should
use a bilingual lawyer familiar with both US and Bolivian
law. Good luck on your international venture.
http://translate.google.com/
http://babblefish.com/

for a stand alone xlator program consider
http://www.lec.com/listProductFamily...Translator-Pro
http://www.bmsoftware.com/powertranslator.htm

also see
http://www.practicalecommerce.com/ar...ation-Programs
http://www.bestcovery.com/best-spani...slator-overall

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-09-15, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:49:03 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

If you can't you stick your head out the door and ask a landscaper or a
road worker, couldn't you go to the nearest restaurant and recruit one of
the kitchen help?

I think that they would be unlikely to be fluent in *technical*
Spanish. I have a little Spanish, but far from good enough to handle
this.

But then, it could be an example of the kind of spam that I get
from time to time, asking (in essence) "Do you have such-and-such for
sale." (with "such-and-such" always in parentheses, as it is plugged
into a boilerplate letter form. It always ends with asking what forms
of payment I accept -- looking for credit cards, typically.

I've gotten them asking for prices and models on vises, surface
grinders, drill presses, drill sharpeners, milling machines, and a few
other things.

And, I believe that I've also gotten them in Spanish and French.
(Maybe Portuguese as well.)

And, of course, since I don't actually run a business, I ignore
them -- but I am certain that they are some form of scam, not an actual
business deal.

So -- beware that this is not the same.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tawm: Another vote for "Run it through Google Translate first" - it should get you close enough to see if it sounds like a real sales inquiry, or a typical Chain Letter only in Spanish.

(They won the lottery and can't cash the check/get the money out of the country - If you do it for them, they'll give you a big cut...)

And if it is a real enquiry, for at least the initial sales get a lawyer familiar with international sales to that particular country - there are some serious pitfalls out there and you can get left holding the bag.

The shipment gets stuck in Customs, or the shipper loses it, or... and they try to say you never delivered or withdraw their Letter Of Credit, or... Heck, I don't know - but you'd better.

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:49:03 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

Hack was educated by Mexicans, why don't you ask him?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ought to be some Mormons near you, who are bilingual. Sadly,
I am not. Can't be much help otherwise.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tom Gardner" mars@tacks wrote in message
Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts)
be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find
out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tim Wescott wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:49:03 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

If you can't you stick your head out the door and ask a landscaper or a
road worker, couldn't you go to the nearest restaurant and recruit one of
the kitchen help?

Nah - they speak Mexican, but little or no English.

Sigh.
Rich

Spanish cedar foggytown Woodworking 7 June 29th 07 07:18 PM
Spanish electrics. Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 0 June 16th 07 07:44 PM
OT Completely!!! Spanish? Que? Stoutman Woodworking 98 October 7th 06 02:40 AM
Spanish at Home PLENI SELENE Home Repair 1 January 11th 06 09:34 PM
Spanish Cedar John Woodturning 7 August 31st 05 01:59 AM