Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is anybody fluent in Spanish enough to help my customer?

On 2011-09-15, Tim Wescott wrote:
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:49:03 -0400, Tom Gardner wrote:

Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

If you can't you stick your head out the door and ask a landscaper or a
road worker, couldn't you go to the nearest restaurant and recruit one of
the kitchen help?

I think that they would be unlikely to be fluent in *technical*
Spanish. I have a little Spanish, but far from good enough to handle
this.

But then, it could be an example of the kind of spam that I get
from time to time, asking (in essence) "Do you have such-and-such for
sale." (with "such-and-such" always in parentheses, as it is plugged
into a boilerplate letter form. It always ends with asking what forms
of payment I accept -- looking for credit cards, typically.

I've gotten them asking for prices and models on vises, surface
grinders, drill presses, drill sharpeners, milling machines, and a few
other things.

And, I believe that I've also gotten them in Spanish and French.
(Maybe Portuguese as well.)

And, of course, since I don't actually run a business, I ignore
them -- but I am certain that they are some form of scam, not an actual
business deal.

So -- beware that this is not the same.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564