Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce Bergman Bruce Bergman is offline

Default Is anybody fluent in Spanish enough to help my customer?

Tawm: Another vote for "Run it through Google Translate first" - it should get you close enough to see if it sounds like a real sales inquiry, or a typical Chain Letter only in Spanish.

(They won the lottery and can't cash the check/get the money out of the country - If you do it for them, they'll give you a big cut...)

And if it is a real enquiry, for at least the initial sales get a lawyer familiar with international sales to that particular country - there are some serious pitfalls out there and you can get left holding the bag.

The shipment gets stuck in Customs, or the shipper loses it, or... and they try to say you never delivered or withdraw their Letter Of Credit, or... Heck, I don't know - but you'd better.

-- Bruce --