Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Is anybody fluent in Spanish enough to help my customer?

Would anybody that speaks Spanish (and doesn't hate my guts) be willing
to e-mail a potential customer in Bolivia for me and find out what the
guy wants? I'll cut you in for a taste of any sales I make.

In 1994, we moved back to southern Louisiana. My FIL owned a derrick
erection company. One day, he got a letter like yours. My daughter had
three years of Spanish by that time, and was taking it her senior year.
Pops brought up the subject, and my daughter said it would be a piece of
cake. He used her as a translator on several jobs with Pemex and some South
American companies, and paid her $50 an hour. She went on to be a language
major, graduating from LSU (GO TIGERS!) She then went to work for the State
of Arkansas in their legal system as an interpreter for Spanish folks in
trouble with the law. Then she got married, and is a stay at home Mom. Ask
around. Put a Craigslist ad. You should be up to your elbows in
interpreters soon.

Steve