Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone know if this is true?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Ed Huntress wrote:

wrote in message
On Jul 18, 11:37 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Hey, Dan, you're oversnipping now. You didn't even include the insult.

Sharpen up.

--
Ed Huntress

Sorry, but I thought I included all that needed to be included.

Dan

What, your empty assertion, without even a statement of what it was you
were
complaining about?

That's like shooting blanks, Dan.

Finally, a subject where you are the undisputed expert.

Terrell, how did you get so bitter and filled with bile? I've known people
who have a lot of medical problems, but none who have let it turn them into
such crustaceans as yourself.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 19, 7:07*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

That's like shooting blanks, Dan.

*Finally, a subject where you are the undisputed expert.

Terrell, how did you get so bitter and filled with bile? I've known people
who have a lot of medical problems, but none who have let it turn them into
such crustaceans as yourself.

--
Ed Huntress

Now you claim that my sense of humor is impaired, but it seems to me
that Michael is having you on and is being humorous, not bitter.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Jul 19, 7:07 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

That's like shooting blanks, Dan.

Finally, a subject where you are the undisputed expert.

Terrell, how did you get so bitter and filled with bile? I've known people
who have a lot of medical problems, but none who have let it turn them
into
such crustaceans as yourself.

--
Ed Huntress

Now you claim that my sense of humor is impaired, but it seems to me
that Michael is having you on and is being humorous, not bitter.

Dan

You'd have to know Terrell's history, or see his regular one-shot
spittle-tossing exercises to appreciate it.

He went off on a tangent once upon a time and never came back. From time to
time, he introduces his various medical problems in a plea for sympathy.

I'm not biting on it. If you want to, have at it.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 19, 8:05*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

You'd have to know Terrell's history, or see his regular one-shot
spittle-tossing exercises to appreciate it.

Ed Huntress

I know Michael posts and appreciate most of them.

I would say you use of " regular one-shot spittle-tossing exercises "
to be demeaning.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Jul 19, 8:05 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

You'd have to know Terrell's history, or see his regular one-shot
spittle-tossing exercises to appreciate it.

Ed Huntress

I know Michael posts and appreciate most of them.

I would say you use of " regular one-shot spittle-tossing exercises "
to be demeaning.

No, it's simply accurate. Would you like to see a recent list, just to clear
up your memory?

--
Ed Huntress

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 19, 10:30*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

No, it's simply accurate. Would you like to see a recent list, just to clear
up your memory?

--
Ed Huntress

Accurate or not, it is still demeaning.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Jul 19, 10:30 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

No, it's simply accurate. Would you like to see a recent list, just to
clear
up your memory?

--
Ed Huntress

Accurate or not, it is still demeaning.

Dan

When a man is demeaned by an accurate recounting of what he writes, the
problem is with what he writes.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 19:02:31 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Jul 19, 8:05*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

You'd have to know Terrell's history, or see his regular one-shot
spittle-tossing exercises to appreciate it.

Ed Huntress

I know Michael posts and appreciate most of them.

I would say you use of " regular one-shot spittle-tossing exercises "
to be demeaning.

Dan

And Eddy boi uses them habitually himself.

Shrug

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 19, 10:53*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Dan

When a man is demeaned by an accurate recounting of what he writes, the
problem is with what he writes.

--
Ed Huntress

I do not try to remember every post on RCM. But I do not remember any
post of Michael'l that used the word " spittle ".

You are a small man, Ed.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Jul 19, 8:05 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

You'd have to know Terrell's history, or see his regular one-shot
spittle-tossing exercises to appreciate it.

Ed Huntress

I know Michael posts and appreciate most of them.

I would say you use of " regular one-shot spittle-tossing exercises "
to be demeaning.

Dan

And Eddy boi uses them habitually himself.

Shrug

Only on the original practitioners, Gunner.

You've been pretty good lately, I have to admit. That's why I've lightened
up on you. Keep it up, boy.

But I do have to say that your recent post quoting Kant and Hegel almost
made me fall on the floor laughing. I'm trying to picture you wrenching your
rat bike while reading _A Critique of Pure Reason_ and contemplating the
Categorical Imperative. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Jul 19, 10:53 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
Dan

When a man is demeaned by an accurate recounting of what he writes, the
problem is with what he writes.

--
Ed Huntress

I do not try to remember every post on RCM. But I do not remember any
post of Michael'l that used the word " spittle ".

Jeez, it isn't the word. It's the metaphor for the things he writes. They're
legion.

You are a small man, Ed.

And you're the most enduring straight man since Dickie Smothers, Dan. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 20, 8:35*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Jeez, it isn't the word. It's the metaphor for the things he writes. They're
legion.

You are a small man, Ed.

And you're the most enduring straight man since Dickie Smothers, Dan. *d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

A demeaning metaphor is still a demeaning post.

I intend to endure, little Eddy.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

'Get the idea, Danny? It's pronounced "hip - o - krit." Keep practicing it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Jul 20, 12:37 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

'Get the idea, Danny? It's pronounced "hip - o - krit." Keep practicing
it.

--
Ed Huntress

Wow, you found all that in just a few years of posts.

Dan

Heck, I just skimmed the cream off the top, searching for dcaster posts that
contained "stupid" and quitting when I got tired of it. The others just
tagged along.

But you get the point. Now, enough of this crap. Settle down.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

On Jul 19, 7:07 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

That's like shooting blanks, Dan.

Finally, a subject where you are the undisputed expert.

Terrell, how did you get so bitter and filled with bile? I've known people
who have a lot of medical problems, but none who have let it turn them into
such crustaceans as yourself.

Now you claim that my sense of humor is impaired, but it seems to me
that Michael is having you on and is being humorous, not bitter.

Ed is too senile to understand humor, and proves it time after time.
It must be all that formaldehyde in the drinking water in New Jersey
that petrified his sense of humor.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

On Jul 19, 7:07 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

That's like shooting blanks, Dan.

Finally, a subject where you are the undisputed expert.

Terrell, how did you get so bitter and filled with bile? I've known
people
who have a lot of medical problems, but none who have let it turn them
into
such crustaceans as yourself.

Now you claim that my sense of humor is impaired, but it seems to me
that Michael is having you on and is being humorous, not bitter.

Ed is too senile to understand humor, and proves it time after time.
It must be all that formaldehyde in the drinking water in New Jersey
that petrified his sense of humor.

Hey, you should save that one for your standup routine at the Cracker Club,
Michael.

Maybe you can get Dan to be your straight man. You'll be the first comedy
pair with *two* straight men.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

[...]

What do you know about being straight? ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

[...]

Dumb, Michael. And too obvious. You're a real straight man.

Hey, I have a Florida Cracker joke for you to add to your routine.

Two police officers come to this old cracker's door, and say, "Cletus, we
have bad news, good news, and really good news. Which do you want first?"

"Gimme the bad news first."

"Ok, we found your wife's body in the bay."

"So what's the good news?"

"Well, there were about a dozen blue crabs hanging on her when we hauled her
up, and we brought 'em in."

"I'll be durned!", says Cletus. "So, what's the really good news?"

"We're gonna haul her up again tomorrow."

da-da-boom!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

[...]

Sigh. Take it however you small mind wants to. We were talking
about HUMOR, but evidently your mind was somewhere else.

Hey, I have a Florida Cracker joke for you to add to your routine.

Two police officers come to this old cracker's door, and say, "Cletus, we
have bad news, good news, and really good news. Which do you want first?"

"Gimme the bad news first."

"Ok, we found your wife's body in the bay."

"So what's the good news?"

"Well, there were about a dozen blue crabs hanging on her when we hauled her
up, and we brought 'em in."

"I'll be durned!", says Cletus. "So, what's the really good news?"

"We're gonna haul her up again tomorrow."

da-da-boom!

Wrong part of the state, and more proof that you have no sense of
humor. That is a 'Cajun' or a 'Bubba' joke.

Florida 'Crackers' raised cattle, so the story goes. There were some
large cattle ranches in Florida, and 'Crackers' referred to the sound of
the whips they used. Not that I expect you to know anything about
Florida, or its history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_cracker

Come back when you have something intelligent to say so you don't
embarrass yourself, yet again.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

[...]

Michael, that's an 8th-grader's juvenile attempt at humor. You don't get
it -- which makes you a perfect straight man.

[...]

To anyone who lived in south Florida, like I did, a "cracker" is any
long-term Floridian from north of Broward County. As for the whip theory,
that's one of about three or four theories about where the term comes from.
Another is that it comes from Spanish "quaquero" (Protestant). Still another
is that it's an old English term for a braggart.

Unlike you, I actually studied Florida history when I was in school in
Broward, and you pretty consistently are in over your head.

But you still make a good straight man.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

[...]

Yawn.

[...]

Yawn..............................................

But you still make a good straight man.

And you still make a good braggart.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 21, 8:06*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
om...

news:dJ6dnVHHUL5tDbrTnZ2dnUVZ_uednZ2d@earthlink. com...

" wrote:

[...]

Back in the '50s, a cracker was any old native of Florida. Sometimes
the AFB guys at Homestead called them all crackers whether they were
natives or not.

It's like "redneck." It depends.

Scraper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Scraper wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Wrong part of the state, and more proof that you have no sense of
humor. That is a 'Cajun' or a 'Bubba' joke.

Florida 'Crackers' raised cattle, so the story goes. There were some
large cattle ranches in Florida, and 'Crackers' referred to the sound of
the whips they used. Not that I expect you to know anything about
Florida, or its history.

Back in the '50s, a cracker was any old native of Florida. Sometimes
the AFB guys at Homestead called them all crackers whether they were
natives or not.

I didn't move to Florida until the late '80s, to help take care of
some elderly relatives. Cracker was considered an insult, and was aimed
at old men who grew up in Florida. The term was usually followed by a
long steak of cursing. I've only used it used a few times in the 20+
years I've lived here. maybe because I worked in broadcast engineering,
computers and electronics manufacturing?

It's like "redneck." It depends.

Some rednecks need to wear depends. ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

[...]

Yup, exactly. Some of them even call themselves crackers, like a family of
orange growers I knew in Davie, who had been there for generations.

--
Ed Huntress