Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone know if this is true?

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

" wrote:

On Jul 19, 7:07 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

That's like shooting blanks, Dan.

Finally, a subject where you are the undisputed expert.

Terrell, how did you get so bitter and filled with bile? I've
known
people
who have a lot of medical problems, but none who have let it turn
them
into
such crustaceans as yourself.

Now you claim that my sense of humor is impaired, but it seems to
me
that Michael is having you on and is being humorous, not bitter.

Ed is too senile to understand humor, and proves it time after
time.
It must be all that formaldehyde in the drinking water in New Jersey
that petrified his sense of humor.

Hey, you should save that one for your standup routine at the Cracker
Club,
Michael.

Maybe you can get Dan to be your straight man. You'll be the first
comedy
pair with *two* straight men.

What do you know about being straight? ;-)

Dumb, Michael. And too obvious. You're a real straight man.

Sigh. Take it however you small mind wants to. We were talking
about HUMOR, but evidently your mind was somewhere else.

Michael, that's an 8th-grader's juvenile attempt at humor. You don't get
it -- which makes you a perfect straight man.

Yawn.

Hey, I have a Florida Cracker joke for you to add to your routine.

Two police officers come to this old cracker's door, and say, "Cletus, we
have bad news, good news, and really good news. Which do you want first?"

"Gimme the bad news first."

"Ok, we found your wife's body in the bay."

"So what's the good news?"

"Well, there were about a dozen blue crabs hanging on her when we hauled
her
up, and we brought 'em in."

"I'll be durned!", says Cletus. "So, what's the really good news?"

"We're gonna haul her up again tomorrow."

da-da-boom!

Wrong part of the state, and more proof that you have no sense of
humor. That is a 'Cajun' or a 'Bubba' joke.

Florida 'Crackers' raised cattle, so the story goes. There were some
large cattle ranches in Florida, and 'Crackers' referred to the sound of
the whips they used. Not that I expect you to know anything about
Florida, or its history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_cracker

Come back when you have something intelligent to say so you don't
embarrass yourself, yet again.

To anyone who lived in south Florida, like I did, a "cracker" is any
long-term Floridian from north of Broward County. As for the whip theory,
that's one of about three or four theories about where the term comes from.
Another is that it comes from Spanish "quaquero" (Protestant). Still another
is that it's an old English term for a braggart.

Unlike you, I actually studied Florida history when I was in school in
Broward, and you pretty consistently are in over your head.

But you still make a good straight man.

And you still make a good braggart.