Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anyone know if this is true?

Scraper wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Wrong part of the state, and more proof that you have no sense of
humor. That is a 'Cajun' or a 'Bubba' joke.

Florida 'Crackers' raised cattle, so the story goes. There were some
large cattle ranches in Florida, and 'Crackers' referred to the sound of
the whips they used. Not that I expect you to know anything about
Florida, or its history.

Back in the '50s, a cracker was any old native of Florida. Sometimes
the AFB guys at Homestead called them all crackers whether they were
natives or not.

I didn't move to Florida until the late '80s, to help take care of
some elderly relatives. Cracker was considered an insult, and was aimed
at old men who grew up in Florida. The term was usually followed by a
long steak of cursing. I've only used it used a few times in the 20+
years I've lived here. maybe because I worked in broadcast engineering,
computers and electronics manufacturing?

It's like "redneck." It depends.

Some rednecks need to wear depends. ;-)