Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default $100

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/15/2011 3:42 PM, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

What's that load of junk doing in such a lice looking neighborhood?!!!

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-15, Paul Drahn wrote:
On 7/15/2011 3:42 PM, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

What's that load of junk doing in such a lice looking neighborhood?!!!

Paul

It is not junk, it is Ridgid plumbing tools and a Schmidt sand blasting pot.

http://goo.gl/UaFha
http://goo.gl/burM5

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus15061 wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

I have one of those Rigid size selectable ratcheting pipe threaders,
It's pretty nice. Be sure to keep a good one with sharp dies for
yourself. They don't take up much space with the handle detached, I
actually use the handle from my EMT bender.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-16, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus15061 wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

I have one of those Rigid size selectable ratcheting pipe threaders,
It's pretty nice. Be sure to keep a good one with sharp dies for
yourself. They don't take up much space with the handle detached, I
actually use the handle from my EMT bender.

Can I use these heads with an electric pipe threader, like RIdgid 300?

And, can I use one with my Clausing lathe? Or is the grip of the chuck
now enough?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-16, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus15061 wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

I have one of those Rigid size selectable ratcheting pipe threaders,
It's pretty nice. Be sure to keep a good one with sharp dies for
yourself. They don't take up much space with the handle detached, I
actually use the handle from my EMT bender.

Can I use these heads with an electric pipe threader, like RIdgid 300?

And, can I use one with my Clausing lathe? Or is the grip of the chuck
now enough?

I don't think it would be a good idea to try to power a manual threader
like that. Pipe threads aren't that long and it doesn't take that long
to complete a thread. Unless you have some need to thread quite a few
sections of pipe in a short time the manual ratchet will do fine.
Besides, it's exercise, unlike sitting in front of a computer all day.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 17:42:22 -0500, Ignoramus15061
wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

Well done Sir...very well done indeed!!!!

Bravo!!

Gunner, who has a similar blasting pot..and doesnt have a clue how to
use it.

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-15, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

Above mentioned sand blasting pot just sold for $1,000 cash

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-16, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus15061 wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

I have one of those Rigid size selectable ratcheting pipe threaders,
It's pretty nice. Be sure to keep a good one with sharp dies for
yourself. They don't take up much space with the handle detached, I
actually use the handle from my EMT bender.

Can I use these heads with an electric pipe threader, like RIdgid 300?

And, can I use one with my Clausing lathe? Or is the grip of the chuck
now enough?

I don't think it would be a good idea to try to power a manual threader
like that. Pipe threads aren't that long and it doesn't take that long
to complete a thread. Unless you have some need to thread quite a few
sections of pipe in a short time the manual ratchet will do fine.
Besides, it's exercise, unlike sitting in front of a computer all day.

I need to eat less, also.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:25:56 -0500, Ignoramus25765

On 2011-07-15, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

Above mentioned sand blasting pot just sold for $1,000 cash

Bravo!! Bravo indeed!!!

Gunner, bowing before the new Scrounging Master!

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-16, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus15061 wrote:

[...]

Yes, I'm trying to do the same as well as trying to get more exercise.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-15, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

Above mentioned sand blasting pot just sold for $1,000 cash

Wow!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 17:59:04 -0500, "Pete C."

On 2011-07-15, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

Above mentioned sand blasting pot just sold for $1,000 cash

Wow!

Ig found a real nice sucker to pay higher-than-retail, huh?

--
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-15, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

Above mentioned sand blasting pot just sold for $1,000 cash

Wow!

Ig found a real nice sucker to pay higher-than-retail, huh?

Not at all.

This is the sandblaster I sold:

http://www.amazon.com/Schmidt-Mfg-Sa.../dp/B000RO0ZEK

It sells new for $4,172. I did not have some of the accessories from
that set, but had an extra pneumatic hose.

This sandblaster was likely worth more than what I sold it for, which
is not smoething that bothers me.

I was never into "finding a sucker" and prefer to sell something
quickly and to pass on some part of a good deal that I get.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-15, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

Above mentioned sand blasting pot just sold for $1,000 cash

Wow!

Ig found a real nice sucker to pay higher-than-retail, huh?

Not at all.

This is the sandblaster I sold:

http://www.amazon.com/Schmidt-Mfg-Sa.../dp/B000RO0ZEK

It sells new for $4,172. I did not have some of the accessories from
that set, but had an extra pneumatic hose.

OMFG! How in gawd's name can they sell those simple machines for that
kind of price? I scanned Amazon for "sandblasting" and found the
highest price $999.

This sandblaster was likely worth more than what I sold it for, which
is not smoething that bothers me.

I was never into "finding a sucker" and prefer to sell something
quickly and to pass on some part of a good deal that I get.

I just thought you got a seller's deal on it and wasn't trying to diss
ya, Ig. (I only do that during politics due to your choices.)

--
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-15, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

Above mentioned sand blasting pot just sold for $1,000 cash

Bravo!! Bravo indeed!!!

Gunner, bowing before the new Scrounging Master!

That was great, indeed, but things that good are kind of rare and I am
expecting some kind of a Karma Punishment.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-15, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

Above mentioned sand blasting pot just sold for $1,000 cash

Wow!

Ig found a real nice sucker to pay higher-than-retail, huh?

Not at all.

This is the sandblaster I sold:

http://www.amazon.com/Schmidt-Mfg-Sa.../dp/B000RO0ZEK

It sells new for $4,172. I did not have some of the accessories from
that set, but had an extra pneumatic hose.

OMFG! How in gawd's name can they sell those simple machines for that
kind of price? I scanned Amazon for "sandblasting" and found the
highest price $999.

I expect it's because it's a true industrial grade unit, not light
commercial.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-15, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

Above mentioned sand blasting pot just sold for $1,000 cash

Wow!

Ig found a real nice sucker to pay higher-than-retail, huh?

Not at all.

This is the sandblaster I sold:

http://www.amazon.com/Schmidt-Mfg-Sa.../dp/B000RO0ZEK

It sells new for $4,172. I did not have some of the accessories from
that set, but had an extra pneumatic hose.

OMFG! How in gawd's name can they sell those simple machines for that
kind of price? I scanned Amazon for "sandblasting" and found the
highest price $999.

I expect it's because it's a true industrial grade unit, not light
commercial.

I think so, as well. It is built like a tank and weighs over 300 lbs.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-15, Ignoramus15061 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

Above mentioned sand blasting pot just sold for $1,000 cash

Wow!

Ig found a real nice sucker to pay higher-than-retail, huh?

Not at all.

This is the sandblaster I sold:

http://www.amazon.com/Schmidt-Mfg-Sa.../dp/B000RO0ZEK

It sells new for $4,172. I did not have some of the accessories from
that set, but had an extra pneumatic hose.

This sandblaster was likely worth more than what I sold it for, which
is not smoething that bothers me.

I was never into "finding a sucker" and prefer to sell something
quickly and to pass on some part of a good deal that I get.

I have one of these...from Harbor Freight...

http://www.amazon.com/Gallon-Air-San...d_sim_sbs_hi_6

and seldom use it. The big Trico cabinet gets most of my work.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Just wanted to add something. I brought home a bunch of pipe wrenches,
of which I intended to sell most of them. Then I had to disassemble
the compressor that I am converting to a grill, and I was damn glad
that I had those 36" wrenches, chain wrenches, etc. So, I decided, I
will keep all of them -- two 36" pipe wrenches and two 36" chain pipe
wrenches. I may even go back and get some more odd shaped pipe
wrenches.

I do not need that stuff, until I need it, and then it is too late.

I will also keep the 2" pipe tap, just in case, but not the bigger
taps.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus25765 wrote:

Just wanted to add something. I brought home a bunch of pipe wrenches,
of which I intended to sell most of them. Then I had to disassemble
the compressor that I am converting to a grill, and I was damn glad
that I had those 36" wrenches, chain wrenches, etc. So, I decided, I
will keep all of them -- two 36" pipe wrenches and two 36" chain pipe
wrenches. I may even go back and get some more odd shaped pipe
wrenches.

I do not need that stuff, until I need it, and then it is too late.

I will also keep the 2" pipe tap, just in case, but not the bigger
taps.

Tools take up space, until you need them, then they are invaluable. You
might want to consider up to 3" taps, since some generator engine
exhausts you might play with get that big.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 21:26:22 -0500, Ignoramus25765
wrote:

Just wanted to add something. I brought home a bunch of pipe wrenches,
of which I intended to sell most of them. Then I had to disassemble
the compressor that I am converting to a grill, and I was damn glad
that I had those 36" wrenches, chain wrenches, etc. So, I decided, I
will keep all of them -- two 36" pipe wrenches and two 36" chain pipe
wrenches. I may even go back and get some more odd shaped pipe
wrenches.

I do not need that stuff, until I need it, and then it is too late.

Odd...I think that was mentioned in the conversations recently.

Though to be fair...Id think you would be ok with a couple decent 24s
and a couple snipes.

But hey..if you have the room!

I will also keep the 2" pipe tap, just in case, but not the bigger
taps.

Keep one of every pipe size from 1/8" through 2" and you will be covered
pretty well

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-19, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus25765 wrote:

Just wanted to add something. I brought home a bunch of pipe wrenches,
of which I intended to sell most of them. Then I had to disassemble
the compressor that I am converting to a grill, and I was damn glad
that I had those 36" wrenches, chain wrenches, etc. So, I decided, I
will keep all of them -- two 36" pipe wrenches and two 36" chain pipe
wrenches. I may even go back and get some more odd shaped pipe
wrenches.

I do not need that stuff, until I need it, and then it is too late.

I will also keep the 2" pipe tap, just in case, but not the bigger
taps.

Tools take up space, until you need them, then they are invaluable. You
might want to consider up to 3" taps, since some generator engine
exhausts you might play with get that big.

You are quite right, actually. I forgot all about engine exhausts. My
own generator's exhaust is pipe threaded.