Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25765 Ignoramus25765 is offline

Default $100

On 2011-07-16, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus15061 wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Goods01.jpg

Sand blasting pot was also included

I have one of those Rigid size selectable ratcheting pipe threaders,
It's pretty nice. Be sure to keep a good one with sharp dies for
yourself. They don't take up much space with the handle detached, I
actually use the handle from my EMT bender.

Can I use these heads with an electric pipe threader, like RIdgid 300?

And, can I use one with my Clausing lathe? Or is the grip of the chuck
now enough?

I don't think it would be a good idea to try to power a manual threader
like that. Pipe threads aren't that long and it doesn't take that long
to complete a thread. Unless you have some need to thread quite a few
sections of pipe in a short time the manual ratchet will do fine.
Besides, it's exercise, unlike sitting in front of a computer all day.

I need to eat less, also.