Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fess up time - who did it?

Come on guys who crossposted & invited the gene pool dregs into RCM?

alt.california
alt.politics.obama
alt.politics.republicans
misc.survivalism
alt.cities.chicago

Now how do we get rid of them?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dennis" wrote in message
news
Come on guys who crossposted & invited the gene pool dregs into RCM?

alt.california
alt.politics.obama
alt.politics.republicans
misc.survivalism
alt.cities.chicago

Now how do we get rid of them?

You can try replying with really nasty, provocative responses, while
stripping RCM out of the newsgroups list. I've done it before. I can't tell
if it works, but it's worth a shot.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dennis wrote:
Come on guys who crossposted& invited the gene pool dregs into RCM?

alt.california
alt.politics.obama
alt.politics.republicans
misc.survivalism
alt.cities.chicago

Now how do we get rid of them?

Advise adjust your filters.
Seamonkey example:
Tools Message Filters New WhackoPolitics
[From Contains] alt.california OR
[From Contains] politics OR
[From Contains] survivalism OR
[From Contains] cities
OK

OK?

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Winston" wrote in message
Dennis wrote:
Come on guys who crossposted& invited the gene pool dregs into RCM?

alt.california
alt.politics.obama
alt.politics.republicans
misc.survivalism
alt.cities.chicago

Now how do we get rid of them?

Advise adjust your filters.
Seamonkey example:
Tools Message Filters New WhackoPolitics
[From Contains] alt.california OR
[From Contains] politics OR
[From Contains] survivalism OR
[From Contains] cities
OK

OK?

--Winston

I didn't want to have to stuff around with that, I may have to. Just had a
quick look my options in OE, it looks like I can filter on crossposts.
Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dennis" wrote

I didn't want to have to stuff around with that, I may have to. Just had a
quick look my options in OE, it looks like I can filter on crossposts.
Thanks.

I have OE. Would you please take the time to post how to? I know I get in
a hurry at times, wanting to get out world-saving information quickly, and
sometimes crosspost, but I try not to.

Your help would be appreciated.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dennis wrote:

(...)

I didn't want to have to stuff around with that, I may have to. Just had a
quick look my options in OE, it looks like I can filter on crossposts.
Thanks.

It is well worth your time.

After checking my records, I see that there have been
entire political mud parties and hundreds of SPAM ads
that I never saw because I filter wisely.

Now, RCMers are patient, informative and generous.

--Winston -- Rose colored glasses are under-rated
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:07:06 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Dennis wrote:

(...)

I didn't want to have to stuff around with that, I may have to. Just had a
quick look my options in OE, it looks like I can filter on crossposts.
Thanks.

It is well worth your time.

After checking my records, I see that there have been
entire political mud parties and hundreds of SPAM ads
that I never saw because I filter wisely.

Now, RCMers are patient, informative and generous.

--Winston -- Rose colored glasses are under-rated

I'm curious. I have a lot of filters in place. RCM is now a nice quiet
little NG. Are the likes of cliffy etc. still around?

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-07-06, Ed Huntress wrote:

"Dennis" wrote in message
news
Come on guys who crossposted & invited the gene pool dregs into RCM?

alt.california
alt.politics.obama
alt.politics.republicans
misc.survivalism
alt.cities.chicago

Now how do we get rid of them?

You can try replying with really nasty, provocative responses, while
stripping RCM out of the newsgroups list. I've done it before. I can't
tell
if it works, but it's worth a shot.

great idea

If you got good at it, you could get them fighting amongst themselves,
without noticing that RCM is not on the list. d8-)

However, this sounds a little too neat to work. I never checked to see what
my insulting and provocative posts generated on the other NGs, except for
misc.survivalist.nutbags, and those wackos keep pasting RCM back in. I blame
Gunner. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:07:06 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

Now, RCMers are patient, informative and generous.

--Winston-- Rose colored glasses are under-rated

I'm curious. I have a lot of filters in place. RCM is now a nice quiet
little NG. Are the likes of cliffy etc. still around?

Last I saw of Cliff was on January 27, 2011, but he's been in
my bozo bin for a lot longer than that.
Unless he is nym shifting, of course.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:38:48 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:07:06 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Dennis wrote:

(...)

I didn't want to have to stuff around with that, I may have to. Just had a
quick look my options in OE, it looks like I can filter on crossposts.
Thanks.

It is well worth your time.

After checking my records, I see that there have been
entire political mud parties and hundreds of SPAM ads
that I never saw because I filter wisely.

Now, RCMers are patient, informative and generous.

--Winston -- Rose colored glasses are under-rated

I'm curious. I have a lot of filters in place. RCM is now a nice quiet
little NG. Are the likes of cliffy etc. still around?

Karl

I use the following Delete filter in the Agent news reader to filter
out postings from those who insist on sharing their wisdom with many
news groups simultaneously.

newsgroups: ({\,.+\,.+\,} and rec.crafts.metalworking)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dennis wrote:

Come on guys who crossposted & invited the gene pool dregs into RCM?

alt.california
alt.politics.obama
alt.politics.republicans
misc.survivalism
alt.cities.chicago

Now how do we get rid of them?

Edit your groups and follow-ups, or simply don't reply.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:07:06 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Dennis wrote:

(...)

I didn't want to have to stuff around with that, I may have to. Just had a
quick look my options in OE, it looks like I can filter on crossposts.
Thanks.

It is well worth your time.

After checking my records, I see that there have been
entire political mud parties and hundreds of SPAM ads
that I never saw because I filter wisely.

Now, RCMers are patient, informative and generous.

--Winston -- Rose colored glasses are under-rated

I'm curious. I have a lot of filters in place. RCM is now a nice quiet
little NG. Are the likes of cliffy etc. still around?

Karl

I use Thunderbird, so the automatic filters are limited to poster names.

But killing any thread with alt.anything knocks 160 messages down to 16.

I'm rather surprised when the weekly report comes out.

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
Fact: Gummer

--
WB

It seems you are right Bill.

"Dennis" wrote in message
news
Come on guys who crossposted & invited the gene pool dregs into RCM?

alt.california
alt.politics.obama
alt.politics.republicans
misc.survivalism
alt.cities.chicago

Now how do we get rid of them?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Dennis" wrote

I didn't want to have to stuff around with that, I may have to. Just had
a quick look my options in OE, it looks like I can filter on crossposts.
Thanks.

I have OE. Would you please take the time to post how to? I know I get
in a hurry at times, wanting to get out world-saving information quickly,
and sometimes crosspost, but I try not to.

Your help would be appreciated.

In OE I just created a message rule (MessageCreate Rule From Message)
With the condition being:

Where the message is on specifed group
delete it
set group = misc.survivialism

Unfortunately it looks like you HAVE to subscribe to misc.survivavlism
inorder to delete crossposts in other NGs.

I dont yet know if this works at all - I'll wait & see.

I cant be bothered swapping to another news reader. It sucks that others
cant be more considerate with their crossposting.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

UPDATE - don't try to filter as I suggested. It seems to hang my laptop for
ages. I've removed the filter. Perhaps I do need to look at Agent or another
News Reader.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dennis wrote:

UPDATE - don't try to filter as I suggested. It seems to hang my laptop for
ages. I've removed the filter. Perhaps I do need to look at Agent or another
News Reader.

Try Newsproxy as a prefilter.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/6/2011 8:09 PM, Dennis wrote:
UPDATE - don't try to filter as I suggested. It seems to hang my laptop for
ages. I've removed the filter. Perhaps I do need to look at Agent or another
News Reader.

that filter won't work in OE, but what will work is to delete messages
from your selection of worthless senders, and those with a few key
words, including "libertard", and "pelosi", and so on - all the usual
blather that these guys put out. - that will help a lot.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:16:16 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:07:06 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

Now, RCMers are patient, informative and generous.

--Winston-- Rose colored glasses are under-rated

I'm curious. I have a lot of filters in place. RCM is now a nice quiet
little NG. Are the likes of cliffy etc. still around?

Last I saw of Cliff was on January 27, 2011, but he's been in
my bozo bin for a lot longer than that.
Unless he is nym shifting, of course.

--Winston

..I understan that Cliff is gone for good. Least thats the story I keep
hearing.

Sudden homicide, heart attack, something like that.

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 08:57:45 +0800, "Dennis"
wrote:

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
Fact: Gummer

--
WB

It seems you are right Bill.

werent me. I never drag any other groups other than alt.machines.cnc,
misc.survivalism, rec.crafts.metalworking

Its usually some bozo leftwing troll who brings in the nut cases
groups.

"Dennis" wrote in message
news
Come on guys who crossposted & invited the gene pool dregs into RCM?

alt.california
alt.politics.obama
alt.politics.republicans
misc.survivalism
alt.cities.chicago

Now how do we get rid of them?

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 21:42:24 -0700, "." wrote:

On 7/6/2011 8:09 PM, Dennis wrote:
UPDATE - don't try to filter as I suggested. It seems to hang my laptop for
ages. I've removed the filter. Perhaps I do need to look at Agent or another
News Reader.

that filter won't work in OE, but what will work is to delete messages
from your selection of worthless senders, and those with a few key
words, including "libertard", and "pelosi", and so on - all the usual
blather that these guys put out. - that will help a lot.

Ive used Agent 1.93 for over 10 yrs quite happily.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:07:06 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

Now, RCMers are patient, informative and generous.

--Winston-- Rose colored glasses are under-rated

I'm curious. I have a lot of filters in place. RCM is now a nice quiet
little NG. Are the likes of cliffy etc. still around?

Last I saw of Cliff was on January 27, 2011, but he's been in
my bozo bin for a lot longer than that.
Unless he is nym shifting, of course.

--Winston

..I understan that Cliff is gone for good. Least thats the story I keep
hearing.

Sudden homicide, heart attack, something like that.

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.

I'll miss him like a dirty shirt.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
As I indicated, it's a fact.

It was Gummer that showed up here with his political fanaticism about 10
years ago, cross posting to alt, survivalism and political groups that
prompted most of the fringe freaks to add RCM to their own misguided
posts.

A few months ago, when Gummer wasn't posting for several weeks, the
bull**** rants almost disappeared.

I didn't have a stroke in my past to blame for any forgotten habits, but
he'll use that excuse.

This group was great before GWBs first run for the white house, when
Gummer came around spouting his misguided views, and he hasn't stopped
except for during the medical treatment, and the previously mentioned
pause of a few weeks.. maybe because he couldn't steal free wireless
access.

****in funny that he can include RCM for all his political fanaticism
posts, but when he wants something, he only posts here and CNC or welding.

Other than his lunatic political bull****/mental sewage, a large portion
of his posts are please buy my junk, or that he needs something urgently,
normally followed by he doesn't have any money.

His presence in RCM has spawned more like himself, such a Rich Grise (more
recently) who generally never post anything that's metalworking-related.

Be aware that there are a few other posters here in RCM that idolize the
fuctup moron, but they don't matter either.

Another ****in funny instance last week, the same day that I commented
that Gummer (and several others that aren't here for metalworking), never
check to find out if their misguided fanatic forward/copy-n-paste postings
are accurate, Gummer posts a "is this true?" post.

This is the first time in over 10 years, that I'm aware of (although I
don't read his distorted groveling/hateful bitching).
Those few that idolize the pathetic ****up can do the research, I really
couldn't give a big fat rat's ass.

Gummer & fans' typical comeback is.. that I'm contributing to off-topic
content by condemning their actions, because thay don't have anything else
to bitch about.

I've moved on to other interests, and really don't give a **** about the
future of this group.. someone else can deal with it.
I can guaran-****in-tee it'll only get worse.

There is so little metalworking content here anymore, that it's barely
worth the effort to even look for it.

So, for those interested in metalworking, go find some web-based forums
where the fanatic scum won't be tolerated.

Chaski is an excellent one, and there are at least a few others.

--
WB

WB:

Thanks for the post.

If you ever go to the self-declared Google profile for the
person in question, you'll find the summary is "I am not happy". Constant
ranting and this latest pranking is plain proof of that. Misery does love
company.

Like you, I'm here for the topical
focus and collaborative sharing of knowledge and encouragement on that
point,
with an understandable measure of the savory anecdotes of our individuality
and humanity thrown in. There is no better door to my killfile than a zest
for
howling hatred and inanity as if it were a gift instead of a pathology.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 07/07/2011 02:35 PM, Wild_Bill wrote:

There is so little metalworking content here anymore, that it's barely
worth the effort to even look for it.

So, for those interested in metalworking, go find some web-based forums
where the fanatic scum won't be tolerated.

Chaski is an excellent one, and there are at least a few others.

Does that mean you are leaving?

technomaNge

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Yep, Edward, I realize there are still some mature, rational participants
here who continue to contribute to the quality of RCM.

It's clearly obvious why there aren't more contributing participants here
with genuine interests in metalworking.

It's easy enough for me to just hit the delete key for any subject line that
doesn't include a metalworking topic.
I don't read the senseless crap because it would be a huge waste of my
time.. if I want garbage or fake drama, there's plenty available on TV.

--
WB

"Edward Hennessey" wrote in message

WB:

Thanks for the post.

If you ever go to the self-declared Google profile for the
person in question, you'll find the summary is "I am not happy". Constant
ranting and this latest pranking is plain proof of that. Misery does love
company.

Like you, I'm here for the topical
focus and collaborative sharing of knowledge and encouragement on that
point,
with an understandable measure of the savory anecdotes of our
individuality
and humanity thrown in. There is no better door to my killfile than a
zest for
howling hatred and inanity as if it were a gift instead of a pathology.

Regards,

Edward Hennessey

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Thu, 07 Jul 2011 01:16:42
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 08:07:06 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

Now, RCMers are patient, informative and generous.

--Winston-- Rose colored glasses are under-rated

I'm curious. I have a lot of filters in place. RCM is now a nice quiet
little NG. Are the likes of cliffy etc. still around?

Last I saw of Cliff was on January 27, 2011, but he's been in
my bozo bin for a lot longer than that.
Unless he is nym shifting, of course.

--Winston

.I understan that Cliff is gone for good. Least thats the story I keep
hearing.

Sudden homicide, heart attack, something like that.

Appointment to a government job?

He's chipping away in a Federal Quandary?

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 17:04:18 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"
wrote:

"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
[...]

Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dennis" wrote:

Come on guys who crossposted & invited the gene pool dregs into RCM?

alt.california
alt.politics.obama
alt.politics.republicans
misc.survivalism
alt.cities.chicago

It wasn't me.

Now how do we get rid of them?

Set your newsreader so you only reply in our group and don't cross post. That way you can
keep it to the local trolls.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

You can try replying with really nasty, provocative responses, while
stripping RCM out of the newsgroups list. I've done it before. I can't tell
if it works, but it's worth a shot.

That just annoys others.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

You can try replying with really nasty, provocative responses, while
stripping RCM out of the newsgroups list. I've done it before. I can't
tell
if it works, but it's worth a shot.

That just annoys others.

Wes

True, but I imagine lengthy arguments going on in the other NGs, especially
the ones that are just designed for outrageous arguments (most of the ones
cross-posted to RCM). It may be a fantasy, but it gets me chuckling. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

You can try replying with really nasty, provocative responses, while
stripping RCM out of the newsgroups list. I've done it before. I can't
tell
if it works, but it's worth a shot.

That just annoys others.

Wes

True, but I imagine lengthy arguments going on in the other NGs, especially
the ones that are just designed for outrageous arguments (most of the ones
cross-posted to RCM). It may be a fantasy, but it gets me chuckling. d8-)

I'm finding myself spending more and more time at webforums where freedom of speach only
exists for on topic postings. I never thought that moderation would appeal to me but it
seems to have made it easier to get maximum content out of the time I can devote to
surfing the web.

Hope you are well and the fishing is fine.

My metalworking today consisted of installing wipers and covers on a cnc lathe that we had
the saddle rebuilt by an outside firm. I hope the newby button pushers we recently hired
don't crash it during the night.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

Absolutely. If it's real information you want, Usenet has become a Dumpster
experience. There are a few gems in here, but you need a shovel to uncover
them, and be sure to take a good shower afterwards.

Hope you are well and the fishing is fine.

Thanks, Wes. The fishing is good, but it keeps raining when I have a chance
to go. They're telling me something, I guess.

I've been really busy writing this summer.

My metalworking today consisted of installing wipers and covers on a cnc
lathe that we had
the saddle rebuilt by an outside firm. I hope the newby button pushers we
recently hired
don't crash it during the night.

Good luck! I'm trying to fix up my old tablesaw and bandsaw. I've really let
them go.

--
Ed Huntress

Wes