Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Fess up time - who did it?

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

You can try replying with really nasty, provocative responses, while
stripping RCM out of the newsgroups list. I've done it before. I can't
tell
if it works, but it's worth a shot.

That just annoys others.

Wes

True, but I imagine lengthy arguments going on in the other NGs,
especially
the ones that are just designed for outrageous arguments (most of the ones
cross-posted to RCM). It may be a fantasy, but it gets me chuckling. d8-)

I'm finding myself spending more and more time at webforums where freedom
of speach only
exists for on topic postings. I never thought that moderation would
appeal to me but it
seems to have made it easier to get maximum content out of the time I can
devote to
surfing the web.

Absolutely. If it's real information you want, Usenet has become a Dumpster
experience. There are a few gems in here, but you need a shovel to uncover
them, and be sure to take a good shower afterwards.

Hope you are well and the fishing is fine.

Thanks, Wes. The fishing is good, but it keeps raining when I have a chance
to go. They're telling me something, I guess.

I've been really busy writing this summer.

My metalworking today consisted of installing wipers and covers on a cnc
lathe that we had
the saddle rebuilt by an outside firm. I hope the newby button pushers we
recently hired
don't crash it during the night.

Good luck! I'm trying to fix up my old tablesaw and bandsaw. I've really let
them go.

--
Ed Huntress

Wes