Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ify ify is offline

Default Harrison-M300#1 Help & information please. - Harrison-M300#1.JPG (1/1) Sorry all - More info inside.

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 20:34:25 +0200, ify wrote:

Sorry about posting the photo here. I am new to this, only got a news
server to try and solve this problem.
Now that I think that I know what 'drop box' is I have posted two
photos here.
http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/...iththis/Lathe/

Forgive the name that I have chosen, but, every real name that I used
had already been taken. Anyway, on with my request.

The machine will cut metric or imperial threads just fine, but, to
make each new cut I must run the machine in reverse to start over.

The new photo that I have added shows the front of the box and it
looks like it should have just one gear. (Imperial)

If anyone can also tell me how to use this and the numbers on the
front it will help me a lot. Can it be used when cutting metric?

Thanks for your time and help.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ify ify is offline

Default Harrison-M300#1 Help & information please. - Thank you, everyone - A little more inside.

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 20:26:29 +0100, David Billington
wrote:

Thanks to everyone for their comments, particularly David for the
photos and size information that have enabled me to start making the
gear.

David. Can you also tell me the thickness as I am making the gear away
from home and do not have access to my lathe.

Again, thanks all.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Thanks to everyone for their comments, particularly David for the
photos and size information that have enabled me to start making the
gear.

David. Can you also tell me the thickness as I am making the gear away
from home and do not have access to my lathe.

Again, thanks all.

The gear is 0.240" (6.1mm) wide and the spacer next to it is 0.872"
(22.14mm) OD and 0.745" (18.92mm) long. The gear is keyed to the shaft
with a steel pin fitted in a hole drilled between 2 of the teeth.