Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BobTheBowler

Default Harrison M300

Hi

I have a Harrison M300 lathe in my garage.

Having serious problems with the Feed gears ("RST", "UVW", "XYZ");
some do not engage.
Does anyone have experience this ?

While trying to see if I could do anything, I took off the knob
attempting to take out the spindle.
The ball end of my alen key snapped off in the head of one of the
bolts.
I do not want to drill it out, but all my efforts to get the broken
piece out have failed.

Can anyone advise me ?

I am in the Reading area (RG2 8JP)

cheers
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington

On my M300 I don't have much trouble with the selector wheel you mention
but do have to rock the chuck occasionally to get the 1 - 8 selector
wheel to slot in.

Could you clarify which bolt has the broken allen key end in it as you
said you had the knob off.

Regarding the busted allen key end, I recently snapped the end of a
centre drill off for the first time in years. I drilled around it but
still couldn't get it out with anything then rememebered I had a stack
of small NiFeBn magnets and so got them and when brought close the end
of the centre drill just jumped out. You might be able to do them same
but without needing to drill around.