Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JB JB is offline

Default Harrison M300 lathe help needed

We've recently acquired for our small workshop, a used M300 which had a
problem with the screwcutting gearbox. It would only feed on certain
ranges/knob position combinations. We got the lower gearbox off ok, but we
made a very, very stupid mistake; We didn't take any photos or make a
drawing of the orientation of the change drum sections and gear positions
before stripping it. A foolish thing indeed as it turns out.
Does anyone have a photo or drawing of the arrangement of the gears etc
correctly assembled? The manual we've got only shows an exploded view.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
JB

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

JB wrote:
We've recently acquired for our small workshop, a used M300 which had a
problem with the screwcutting gearbox. It would only feed on certain
ranges/knob position combinations. We got the lower gearbox off ok, but we
made a very, very stupid mistake; We didn't take any photos or make a
drawing of the orientation of the change drum sections and gear positions
before stripping it. A foolish thing indeed as it turns out.
Does anyone have a photo or drawing of the arrangement of the gears etc
correctly assembled? The manual we've got only shows an exploded view.
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
JB

Harrison is part of 600 Group. I am pretty sure they would be happy to
sell you a set of manuals and probably include a parts list as well.

Cheers
Trevor Jones