Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stupid Logan Shaper question...sigh

What color were they?

Ive got one that is at least 4 differnt colors..and its time to do a
clean up and repaint. I think...the under paint appears to be a light
off green...

Gray? Pokadot? Rainbow above ultraviolet? Mauve with pink trim?

Gunner, getting ready to strip, derust and clean the old girl up

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Ive got one that is at least 4 differnt colors..and its time to do a
clean up and repaint. I think...the under paint appears to be a light
off green...

Gray? Pokadot? Rainbow above ultraviolet? Mauve with pink trim?

Gunner, getting ready to strip, derust and clean the old girl up

Gunner, I've got the stroke ratchet for one in my hand now. It's pure
original. It's a _slightly_ bluish/greenish gray, but you'd have to see
it in sunlight to appreciate the tint.

If you can wait a few days, I'll run it down to my paint mixer and get a
color profile for it. (if he can produce just the profile... I dunno)

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:29:32 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Ive got one that is at least 4 differnt colors..and its time to do a
clean up and repaint. I think...the under paint appears to be a light
off green...

Gray? Pokadot? Rainbow above ultraviolet? Mauve with pink trim?

Gunner, getting ready to strip, derust and clean the old girl up

Gunner, I've got the stroke ratchet for one in my hand now. It's pure
original. It's a _slightly_ bluish/greenish gray, but you'd have to see
it in sunlight to appreciate the tint.

If you can wait a few days, I'll run it down to my paint mixer and get a
color profile for it. (if he can produce just the profile... I dunno)

LLoyd

Ok..if yours is the greenish color...mine matches yours. I can take
something off the machine and get a match at the local Ace. They have
been pretty good at this. Pretty good computer scanner thingy.

Thanks!!

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sat, 18 Jun 2011 05:56:56 -0700
What color were they?

Ive got one that is at least 4 differnt colors..and its time to do a
clean up and repaint. I think...the under paint appears to be a light
off green...

Gray? Pokadot? Rainbow above ultraviolet? Mauve with pink trim?

Oh definitely, white with red pokka dots.

My Dad once brought home some surplus footlockers. Mom asked if
she could paint them, and if so, what colors. So he said "Oh, white
with red poka dots." So she did.
Made finding the station wagon easier on long trips. Just look
for the Poka-dot footlocker on top ...

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
Gunner Asch on Sat, 18 Jun 2011 05:56:56 -0700
What color were they?

Ive got one that is at least 4 differnt colors..and its time to do a
clean up and repaint. I think...the under paint appears to be a light
off green...

Gray? Pokadot? Rainbow above ultraviolet? Mauve with pink trim?

Oh definitely, white with red pokka dots.

tschus
pyotr
--

Use luminous paint if you work after sundown.

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:09:06 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Gunner Asch on Sat, 18 Jun 2011 05:56:56 -0700
What color were they?

Ive got one that is at least 4 differnt colors..and its time to do a
clean up and repaint. I think...the under paint appears to be a light
off green...

Gray? Pokadot? Rainbow above ultraviolet? Mauve with pink trim?

Oh definitely, white with red pokka dots.

My Dad once brought home some surplus footlockers. Mom asked if
she could paint them, and if so, what colors. So he said "Oh, white
with red poka dots." So she did.
Made finding the station wagon easier on long trips. Just look
for the Poka-dot footlocker on top ...

tschus
pyotr

Cool! Then I wouldnt lose in in the shop!! Excellent!!

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:05:41 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:29:32 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
m:

[...]

Mine dates from 1952 and has athe original dark grey with blue tint.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 05:56:56 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

What color were they?

Ive got one that is at least 4 differnt colors..and its time to do a
clean up and repaint. I think...the under paint appears to be a light
off green...

Gray? Pokadot? Rainbow above ultraviolet? Mauve with pink trim?

Gunner, getting ready to strip, derust and clean the old girl up

Just built some drawers to go under my Logan 922. Had Kelly-Moore
'match' to the color of the orig. steadyrest.
The base is Acry-Plex, interior semi-golss Acrylic Enamel
System: UN
B 1 Y 28.0000
C 0 Y 28.0000
F 0 Y 0.7500

Matched up pretty well.
HTH

Bob
rgentry at oz dot net
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:37:05 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gene fired this volley in
:

http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Ena.../OSHA-Safety-G
reen/OSHA-Safety-Green.html

Nope, WAY too green.

The original Logan paint is predominantly a medium gray (almost "battleship
gray") with just a scosh of green and blue in it.

LLoyd

Ayup.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:54:15 -0400, Gene
wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 17:37:05 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Gene fired this volley in
m:

http://www.art-paints.com/Paints/Ena.../OSHA-Safety-G
reen/OSHA-Safety-Green.html

Nope, WAY too green.

The original Logan paint is predominantly a medium gray (almost "battleship
gray") with just a scosh of green and blue in it.

LLoyd

OK, try here, then...... see item 2.8 .....

http://www.lathe.com/faq/index.html

But...my shaper isnt Logan Green. And Ive seen it many times

Gunner

Logan 7" Shaper Ron Moore Metalworking 0 May 9th 06 02:29 AM
Sigh..I broke my Logan Shaper Gunner Metalworking 39 April 1st 06 09:00 PM
FS: 8" Logan Shaper, Mesa, AZ Marty Escarcega Metalworking 0 March 30th 05 03:27 AM
Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! __________==___ ykemzyb Unisaw A100 Woodworking 9 November 9th 04 12:21 AM
Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________---_ ejowp Jgklr2732 Woodturning 2 November 7th 04 03:03 PM