Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default An interesting looking auction.

This is one of the most interesting looking auctions I've seen in a while.
lathe/mill combo, indicators, tooling, jewelers lathe, assortment of guns,
electrical, tools....

Google map says it's 127 miles away from me, probably won't go, I'm saving
for daughter a car, I could get her the Model A or kit car at the auction
though :-)

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...ry=0&zip=&kwd=

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The guy who died, clearly had a lot of fun.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 07:43:54 -0500, Ignoramus25732

On 2011-06-11, RogerN wrote:
This is one of the most interesting looking auctions I've seen in a while.
lathe/mill combo, indicators, tooling, jewelers lathe, assortment of guns,
electrical, tools....

Google map says it's 127 miles away from me, probably won't go, I'm saving
for daughter a car, I could get her the Model A or kit car at the auction
though :-)

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...ry=0&zip=&kwd=

The guy who died, clearly had a lot of fun.

I dunno. Didja see his moll? And that Mercenary's Benz was a
knockoff with a bloody VW engine in it.

Oh, OK. Then we get to his boom boom toys, mw toys, ww toys. Yes, he
did have fun, didn't he? He was into everything, a packrat. He was
truly one of us.

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from the
effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-11, RogerN wrote:
This is one of the most interesting looking auctions I've seen in a
while.
lathe/mill combo, indicators, tooling, jewelers lathe, assortment of
guns,
electrical, tools....

Google map says it's 127 miles away from me, probably won't go, I'm
saving
for daughter a car, I could get her the Model A or kit car at the
auction
though :-)

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...ry=0&zip=&kwd=

The guy who died, clearly had a lot of fun.

I dunno. Didja see his moll? And that Mercenary's Benz was a
knockoff with a bloody VW engine in it.

Oh, OK. Then we get to his boom boom toys, mw toys, ww toys. Yes, he
did have fun, didn't he? He was into everything, a packrat. He was
truly one of us.

I was particularly impressed with the job the auction company did on the
photos. They even managed to make low end cheap crap BB guns to like like
"something."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 05:43:53 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

This is one of the most interesting looking auctions I've seen in a while.
lathe/mill combo, indicators, tooling, jewelers lathe, assortment of guns,
electrical, tools....

Google map says it's 127 miles away from me, probably won't go, I'm saving
for daughter a car, I could get her the Model A or kit car at the auction
though :-)

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...ry=0&zip=&kwd=

RogerN

Snag that little H&R 22 revolver and Ill swap you something equivelant
for it.

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will,
through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs,
Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will
tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota).

The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability.
Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones,
of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."
Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 05:43:53 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

This is one of the most interesting looking auctions I've seen in a while.
lathe/mill combo, indicators, tooling, jewelers lathe, assortment of guns,
electrical, tools....

Google map says it's 127 miles away from me, probably won't go, I'm saving
for daughter a car, I could get her the Model A or kit car at the auction
though :-)

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...ry=0&zip=&kwd=

RogerN

Snag that little H&R 22 revolver and Ill swap you something equivelant
for it.

Those are sweet little plinkers aren't they. I bought a 922 listed on
news:az.forsale years ago. It was in poor condition cosmetically, but its
just such a nice little piece to hold in your hand.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 12:39:54 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 05:43:53 -0500, "RogerN" wrote:

This is one of the most interesting looking auctions I've seen in a while.
lathe/mill combo, indicators, tooling, jewelers lathe, assortment of guns,
electrical, tools....

Google map says it's 127 miles away from me, probably won't go, I'm saving
for daughter a car, I could get her the Model A or kit car at the auction
though :-)

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...ry=0&zip=&kwd=

RogerN

Snag that little H&R 22 revolver and Ill swap you something equivelant
for it.

Those are sweet little plinkers aren't they. I bought a 922 listed on
news:az.forsale years ago. It was in poor condition cosmetically, but its
just such a nice little piece to hold in your hand.

Ayup. I prefer the H&R 999 and a little tweaking. An early one would be
better than a late model...or best of all ..a H&R 199. G
But..Id settle for a nice H&R 777 as well..shrug VBG

Marvelous 22s..the 999 needing some tweaking...but its easily done.

But the one listed would make me happy G
It would go with my K17s/K22s, the Taurus copy and the High Standards.

Btw..anyone need High Standard M101 mags? Ive got three of them
collecting dust.

Gunner

"As physicists now know, there is some nonzero probability that any object will,
through quantum effects, tunnel from the workbench in your shop to Floyds Knobs,
Indiana (unless your shop is already in Indiana, in which case the object will
tunnel to Trotters, North Dakota).

The smaller mass of the object, the higher the probability.
Therefore, disassembled parts, particularly small ones,
of machines disappear much faster than assembled machines."
Greg Dermer: rec.crafts.metalworking
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Any guesses on what this is:

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/1158160/fi136.cgi

It's the one thing among all of his collection that looks homebuilt, and
rather complicated at that. Looks like the cumulation of a lifetime of
desire, learning, and acquisition went into it's construction, but what the
heck is it?

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:22:13 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Any guesses on what this is:

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/1158160/fi136.cgi

It's the one thing among all of his collection that looks homebuilt, and
rather complicated at that. Looks like the cumulation of a lifetime of
desire, learning, and acquisition went into it's construction, but what the
heck is it?

My guess is a 3-station evacuation center for evacuating multiple arid
conditioning systems prior to recharging.

--
The ultimate result of shielding men from the
effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Any guesses on what this is:

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/1158160/fi136.cgi

It's the one thing among all of his collection that looks homebuilt,
and rather complicated at that. Looks like the cumulation of a
lifetime of desire, learning, and acquisition went into it's
construction, but what the heck is it?

My guess is a 3-station evacuation center for evacuating multiple arid
conditioning systems prior to recharging.

That's a pretty good guess, and would explain the pump motors. It is
certainly involved with moving air under pressure or vacuum of some sort.

The thing that got my eye is the belt arrangement, as it looks to wind
through all three pump levels. This could just be an artifact of the low
quality of the image, however.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Looks like a 3 stage tank filling station.

Might be scuba or other gas.
Notice the valves and gauges.

Martin

On 6/11/2011 11:22 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
Any guesses on what this is:

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/1158160/fi136.cgi

It's the one thing among all of his collection that looks homebuilt, and
rather complicated at that. Looks like the cumulation of a lifetime of
desire, learning, and acquisition went into it's construction, but what the
heck is it?

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-06-12, Jon Danniken wrote:
Any guesses on what this is:

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/1158160/fi136.cgi

It's the one thing among all of his collection that looks homebuilt, and
rather complicated at that. Looks like the cumulation of a lifetime of
desire, learning, and acquisition went into it's construction, but what the
heck is it?

A source of three phase compressed air? :-)

Maybe a three-unit refrigerator for multiple internal and
external exhangers with minimum footprint for the compressors?

A few more angles of view would help, I think. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564