Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default This Would be an Interesting Auction.

http://www.liquitec.net/auctions/crane-cams-inc/index.php

If I was near Daytona I'd check it out. But sadly, I am not.

Pete
--
Pete Snell
Department of Physics

Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete Snell" wrote in message
http://www.liquitec.net/auctions/crane-cams-inc/index.php

If I was near Daytona I'd check it out. But sadly, I am not.

Pete
--
Pete Snell
Department of Physics
Royal Military College
Kingston, Ontario,
Canada
Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Interesting history. I wonder if that is the end of the Crane Cams name?
http://cranecams.com/?show=history
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Up North" wrote:

Interesting history. I wonder if that is the end of the Crane Cams name?
http://cranecams.com/?show=history
Steve

Oh that would be sad. I had a station wagon with a lowly 318, a trantula intake, hedman
hedders, a 3.55 posi and a crane cam. Torque rolled the engine, punctured the oil filter
on a 90 degree adaptor against the body and drained the engine in seconds. Ruined the
cam. Didn't help the main bearings either.

The isky cam didn't even come close to matching the Crane.

One day when the station wagon still had the Crane, I was passed by a Ferriari 308, I
stepped in to the pedal and ran it up to 126 mph @ 6000rpm, about all the car could do, it
also was all the Ferarri driver seemed willing to do also. We passed 14 cars at a time at
one point and I was up for this, I was young and dumb. Then when we came into a curve he
flashed his brake lights a few times and slowed down. I figured he had a radar detector,
I came to a stop and turned around, I figured if the radar got a lock around the curve,
the Ferarri would take the heat. Not like any cop is going to look at at 68 Coronet Sta
Wagon.

Keep a low profile,

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Up North" writes:

Interesting history. I wonder if that is the end of the Crane Cams name?
http://cranecams.com/?show=history

The company, yes. Almost certainly not the name.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

Not like any cop is going to look at at 68 Coronet Sta
Wagon.

Keep a low profile,

My dad's philosophy too. In the early 80's, he stuffed a turbo Capri
engine into a 510 Datsun station wagon. He did fit some wider tires, but
outside of the tailpipe diameter, there was nothing to tip the casual
observer off to what the car could do. He got more than a few other
drivers in trouble and always escaped the heat.
Who'd suspect an old man in an import station wagon? I mean, -nobody-
hot rods a station wagon, right?
lol....

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

"Up North" writes:

Interesting history. I wonder if that is the end of the Crane Cams name?
http://cranecams.com/?show=history

The company, yes. Almost certainly not the name.

Includes 16 trademarks including Crane Cams®, Powermax, Compucom®, Cam
Dynamics®, Blue Racer Performance Cams & Components®, Fireball®, Kool
Nuts®, Posi-stop®, Import Power®, Energizer®, Hi Intensity® and 3
patents

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:47:08 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

My dad's philosophy too. In the early 80's, he stuffed a turbo Capri
engine into a 510 Datsun station wagon. He did fit some wider tires, but
outside of the tailpipe diameter, there was nothing to tip the casual
observer off to what the car could do. He got more than a few other
drivers in trouble and always escaped the heat.
Who'd suspect an old man in an import station wagon? I mean, -nobody-
hot rods a station wagon, right?
lol..

Sounds pretty awesome!

My roommate at MCAS Beaufort had a 1958 4 Dr Chevy Biscayne. He
pulled the 283 and the powerglide, replaced it with a 409 with the 3
two barrel setup, he also had the dual 4bbl but didn't run that. Put
a M-22 rock crusher in, a quiet exhaust system and decent tires
running white letters turned inward. He had to be carefull off the
line, the two piece driveshaft running though the X frame wasn't very
strong but from a rolling start, he was deadly.

Wes

Blac