Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default This Would be an Interesting Auction.

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 20:47:08 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

My dad's philosophy too. In the early 80's, he stuffed a turbo Capri
engine into a 510 Datsun station wagon. He did fit some wider tires, but
outside of the tailpipe diameter, there was nothing to tip the casual
observer off to what the car could do. He got more than a few other
drivers in trouble and always escaped the heat.
Who'd suspect an old man in an import station wagon? I mean, -nobody-
hot rods a station wagon, right?
lol..

Sounds pretty awesome!

My roommate at MCAS Beaufort had a 1958 4 Dr Chevy Biscayne. He
pulled the 283 and the powerglide, replaced it with a 409 with the 3
two barrel setup, he also had the dual 4bbl but didn't run that. Put
a M-22 rock crusher in, a quiet exhaust system and decent tires
running white letters turned inward. He had to be carefull off the
line, the two piece driveshaft running though the X frame wasn't very
strong but from a rolling start, he was deadly.

Wes

Blac