Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A McDonalds with all whites and NO MEXICANS?!? In California?!?

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

gunner sez

For all practical purposes,
McDonalds is now a Mexican food outlet.

Not here. It's _exclusively_ black. If you find a white person working
in a McDonald's around here, it's because they're a temp.

I have not been able to get an order right from a McD's in five years. I
quit them entirely, even though I happen to _like_ their "****".

Up here McD is exclusively white. Something about being near the 45th parallel and it
being a bit cold some times. My order gets screwed up quite often.

When I go down state, Flint and further south, it tends to be black and my order tends to
be okay most of the time.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 20 May 2011 18:29:19 -0400, Wes
wrote:

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

gunner sez

For all practical purposes,
McDonalds is now a Mexican food outlet.

Not here. It's _exclusively_ black. If you find a white person working
in a McDonald's around here, it's because they're a temp.

I have not been able to get an order right from a McD's in five years. I
quit them entirely, even though I happen to _like_ their "****".

Up here McD is exclusively white. Something about being near the 45th parallel and it
being a bit cold some times. My order gets screwed up quite often.

When I go down state, Flint and further south, it tends to be black and my order tends to
be okay most of the time.

My order has never been screwed up at Mickey D's. I don't eat there,
'cept for their delicious and nutritious $1 ice cream cones after a
hot day at work every once in awhile. Hamburger is death-in-waiting
by e-coli.

For a quick lunch, if I don't make my own, I go to Taco Bell or get
tacos at Jacque in ze Bocques. For a longer lunch, it's usually green
curry chicken at Sunflower Thai Restaurant. Yummmm!

There's a new Vietnamese restaurant, Pho, in town that I think I'll
try this afternoon.
The great thing about getting older is that
you don't lose all the other ages you've been.
-- Madeleine L'Engle
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Pho (the beef noodle soup where thinly sliced raw meat cooks in the
broth) is one of the great inventions of the Viet/French. If they have
iced coffee give that a try too. And a dollop of Sriracha..
http://www.gourmet.com/food/2008/02/sriracha wot is bottled in a plant
on Rosemead in SoCal.

The great thing about getting older is that
you don't lose all the other ages you've been.
-- Madeleine L'Engle

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 21 May 2011 09:05:26 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

Pho (the beef noodle soup where thinly sliced raw meat cooks in the
broth) is one of the great inventions of the Viet/French. If they have
iced coffee give that a try too. And a dollop of Sriracha..
http://www.gourmet.com/food/2008/02/sriracha wot is bottled in a plant
on Rosemead in SoCal.

I prefer this sauce, from the same company.
http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/garlic.htm

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

There's a new Vietnamese restaurant, Pho, in town that I think I'll
try this afternoon.

Pho (the beef noodle soup where thinly sliced raw meat cooks in the
broth) is one of the great inventions of the Viet/French. If they have
iced coffee give that a try too. And a dollop of Sriracha..
http://www.gourmet.com/food/2008/02/sriracha wot is bottled in a plant
on Rosemead in SoCal.

All GOOD stuff.

Makes you forget about nouc mam.....

--
"If I say two plus two is four and a Democrat says two plus two is eight,
it's not a partial victory for me when we agree that two plus two is

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Pho (the beef noodle soup where thinly sliced raw meat cooks in the
broth) is one of the great inventions of the Viet/French. If they have
iced coffee give that a try too. And a dollop of Sriracha..
http://www.gourmet.com/food/2008/02/sriracha wot is bottled in a plant
on Rosemead in SoCal.

I prefer this sauce, from the same company.
http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/garlic.htm

Oh, yes. That stuff is great too! Especially for dipping dumplings.
Yumm.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I got a plain paper printed tentative menu from them over a month ago
and they said "Come back in a week, when we'll be open." But they're
-still- not open. Grrrrr! Well, I'll try it _some_ day...

If they have iced coffee give that a try too.

Only if it isn't contaminated with cloves, as the Chai iced tea is.
Ick, ptui, yuck!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese_iced_coffee Hmm, sounds
delicious. I wonder if they can make it with stevia or saccharine
instead of sugar. Sugar and I no longer get along well.

And a dollop of Sriracha..
http://www.gourmet.com/food/2008/02/sriracha wot is bottled in a plant
on Rosemead in SoCal.

Sriracha Rules! (Well, it did when I could eat hot sauce.) All the
Mex restaurants in LoCal used to serve it instead of Tijuanese hot
sauce.
The great thing about getting older is that
you don't lose all the other ages you've been.
-- Madeleine L'Engle
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Pho (the beef noodle soup where thinly sliced raw meat cooks in the
broth) is one of the great inventions of the Viet/French. If they have
iced coffee give that a try too. And a dollop of Sriracha..
http://www.gourmet.com/food/2008/02/sriracha wot is bottled in a plant
on Rosemead in SoCal.

I prefer this sauce, from the same company.
http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/garlic.htm

Too bad it doesn't come in the easy-squeeze bottle.

--
The great thing about getting older is that
you don't lose all the other ages you've been.
-- Madeleine L'Engle
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Pho (the beef noodle soup where thinly sliced raw meat cooks in the
broth) is one of the great inventions of the Viet/French. If they have
iced coffee give that a try too. And a dollop of Sriracha..
http://www.gourmet.com/food/2008/02/sriracha wot is bottled in a plant
on Rosemead in SoCal.

I prefer this sauce, from the same company.
http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/garlic.htm

Too bad it doesn't come in the easy-squeeze bottle.

The cafeteria-style dim sum place in a local supermarket puts it into
a ketchup squeeze bottle. They keep the the largest size bottle under
the counter and refill the squeeze bottles (and I go do it if they're
too busy). Looks like it's 8.75 lb per bottle- 4 bottles for $47.50.
Actually I think they're about the same price ($12 each) at the
supermarket.

http://www.huyfong.com/same/order2.htm

No UPS shipping for a case of 4? Hazmat charges? ;-)

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Sat, 21 May 2011 15:52:52 -0700
wrote:

There's a new Vietnamese restaurant, Pho, in town that I think I'll
try this afternoon.

Pho (the beef noodle soup where thinly sliced raw meat cooks in the
broth) is one of the great inventions of the Viet/French. If they have
iced coffee give that a try too. And a dollop of Sriracha..
http://www.gourmet.com/food/2008/02/sriracha wot is bottled in a plant
on Rosemead in SoCal.

All GOOD stuff.

Makes you forget about nouc mam.....

Pho is good stuff. Friend took me to a place after church, told
me I should start with the Small bowl. Good thing, I was sloshing by
the time I finished.

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich