Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default R-8 Snap Change

--Just wrote a long post and promptly sent it to oblivion. First
question: anyone else here use the R-8 Snap Change system on their milling
machine?

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--Argh! Posted to wrong group initially; here's the whole post for
the right group...
-------

--Curious to know if anyone else here uses one of these. I'm a happy
camper; have had mine for almost 30 yrs now. Had occasion to call them
the other day as I had a minor issue (2nd in 30 yrs; not too shabby!) with
the unit and I'd forgotten how to make the torque adjustments correctly.
--Anyway we got to talking with the owner/inventor, name of Reinhold
and boy can that guy talk! Turns out he's 78 yrs old now and I don't think
anyone's going to pick up the ball when he finally calls it quits (no time
soon I hope!). I'm thinking of picking up a spare unit if only to have parts
if there's another issue in a dozen yrs or so. I think it might be wise for
other users to do likewise.
The website's pretty basic but here's the link:
http://www.snapchange.com/

Snap Ring Barbara Devaney Home Repair 11 October 2nd 13 03:04 PM
Snap-On Paint Ignoramus10026 Metalworking 31 May 6th 08 11:13 AM
Which kind of snap pin is this? wrace Metalworking 2 February 21st 06 01:56 AM
How Change I Change the Color of Metal Roof Flashing? Mike Home Repair 7 December 19th 05 01:30 AM
Why do you buy Snap-on tools? Bray Haven Metalworking 7 November 10th 03 04:39 PM