Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where's Gummer?

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 22:01:15 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

On 3/16/2011 9:32 PM, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

The way I recall it, you threatened Gunner. I remember you said you
were going to fly down and kick his ass, maybe even bring the old lady
along and make a vacation out of it.

And then chickened out when he sent you a proper invitation, complete
with address and phone number in case you got lost, even turn by turn
directions. Hell, he even offered to pick you up from the airport in
his backhoe.

Now you can claim it was the other way around, so let's just see who's
lying. We all know Gunner's address and phone number and can find his
posts inviting you to buy your one way ticket.

Go ahead, post a link to where you supplied a real address and phone,
and not some imaginary bridge behind Cooter's garage. Did you think
everyone in the group has a big forehead and bald head like you do?

Laugh @ Douchebag!- Hide quoted text -

Boris sounds just like Gummer...or is it that Gummer sounds just like
Boris?

TMT

Don't think we forgot how you pussied out on going to Sunnyside. You
join the ranks of Hawke, Curls and the Douchebag.- Hide quoted text -

A brave and proud group we are.

TMT

Yes, and we all have to go to Taft to take on Gummer to show Boris how
tough we are. Funny, but he doesn't seem to know that no one gives a fig
whether he thinks we're man enough to stand up to the heart patient.
He's also too dense to understand that if you actually hit Gummer in the
chest he might have another big one and you can bet that he'd sue you
even if he started it. He also thinks we're stupid as teenagers that you
can get to do what you want them to by challenging their manhood. Most
men learn that one by the time they're 25. Not Boris. He never learns
much of anything.

Hawke

I continue to enjoy these continuing, enduring, puerile exchanges
without singling anyone out as prime peacock.

I've told Gunner that if Mary dies I might come to visit. That isn't a
promise but I might do. Maybe we'd go shoot coyotes in the desert or
snipe cuckolders or a particular evil ******* named Earl, who knows.
We'd go shoot, make gunsmoke in the desert.

He's responded that he's amenable to that, mi casa su casa sort of
attitude. It probably won't happen because it's a long trip ... but
then again it might if I'm left as a solo with a truck, a truck camper
and no particularly good reason to stay home. And then there's the
smallish RV that Buck around the corner has had for sale for 3 years.
I occasionally think about how I might lurch on as a singleton if I
lost Mary. I presently find that devastatingly difficult to
comprehend, but I know many men have done it and I know I'm not a
candyass most days.

Mary is back in hospital in Rochester tonight, with pneumonia. That's
more good news than bad news. They can treat pneumonia and she is at
Mayo because we were there today for routine appointments that
discovered the pneumonia and they're dealing with it with Mayo quality
of care.

I'm back in the cities, she's in good hands there. We agreed that
would be the best course. She's in good hands and knows it. Several
marvelled at how tough this gentle woman is with multiple problematic
failures at staring an IV or PICC line. The first team of PICC nurses
were just arriving when I left. Both of these nurses were male, one
named Don, a burly big guy who declared that they'd get 'er done. I'll
bet his touch is as gentle as a spooked dove. I've zero doubt that
these guys would get 'er done with mininum discomfort to Mary, and
Mary is no candyass. Bad idea to **** her off but she's generous.

Being in hospital is hardly ever good news, but there are good news
here. Pneumonia is very treatable with IV antibiotics and that's what
she's getting. She probably contracted pneumonia due to decreased
immunity from chemotherapy, which otherwise seems to be working. Other
numbers from labwork at Mayo today were very encouraging, stimulating
a big grin and thumbs-up from Dr. Chee who diagnosed probable
pneumonia and mobilized the system to deal with it like Mary was the
only case in town. I'll not say more so as not to embarrass this MD
and the clinic, but she clearly knows how to kick ass and take tames
with smiles and collegial consults done right ****ing now.
It ain't easy being Mary these days. It ain't easy being me these
days either. But we're a small team far from done. We've faced
adversity before and surely will again until the lights go out, and we
think there's still some joy to be shared along the way.

I really don't give a rat's ass about such relationships and conflicts
Gunner may have with others. That's his problem and his bidness. I'm
quite sure he won't be hanging me with barbed wire from a light post.
I'd come for gunsmoke pure and simple. I don't even care about
machine tools, already have more than I need most days as life lurches
on.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
[...]

on. *- Hide quoted text -

Don...a piece of friendly advice.

Give your guns to someone for safe keeping until this unfolding story
of Mary's health ends one way or another.

Best of luck with the outcome.

TMT