Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Off Topic, But Important... Firefox users read please

If you use Firefox, you may want to check this setting... Before someone
else gains access to your PC and does it for themselves. As a computer user
since the 1980's and a non-malicious hacker-type, I tend to find the flaws
pretty quickly, use strong passwords and tread carefully on the internet.
This one caught me off guard as I was not aware of it and it is a huge
liability to anyone not going it.

First, follow these steps:

Open Firefox
Tools
Security (tab)
Saved Passwords

....If you get past this point, you do not have a master password set up in
Firefox. That means that ANYONE who has access to your computer has access
to your passwords.

To fix this problem, follow these steps:

Open Firefox
Tools
Security (tab)
Click the small box next to "Use a master password"
Set master password now!

Now try clicking on "Saved Passwords" and it should require the master
password to view that area, thus adding another level of security to your
browsing program.

....As far as I know, Explorer doesn't offer this. I'm sure someone will be
along shortly with alternate info if that is not the case.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244