Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Off Topic, But Important... Firefox users read please

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
David Billington wrote:
... I still have a
memory and can remember various things like that easily. ...

Wow! You must have one good memory. Or your passwords are too
obvious. Or you don't have that many. *Some* of my account names and
passwords are on 3 x 5 cards and that deck is 1/2" thick.

My memory is fairly good, I think, as I have a number of passwords and
PINs and find them easy to remember if I use them regularly. the one
that springs to mind that is written down is for my internet domain name
supplier which I use every 2 years. I normally find a new pin I can
remember after about 2 uses. Passwords are not always mixed case but are
alpha numeric, I like the idea suggested by someone else of chemical
compounds as passwords, just think of a nice chemical to remember.

I let FireFox remember my passwords - I like the convenience. As far
as "That means that ANYONE who has access to your computer has access
to your passwords.", I don't consider it a problem. My computer is in
my home & anyone who's invited in is not a threat. Those who aren't
invited aren't going to sit at my computer and go through my Favorites
looking for buried treasure. It's in-and-out for them. And my old
and tired computer is not something that that they'll waste time
carrying out.

That said, I did recently switch to LastPass 'cause it's even more
convenient.

Bob