Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default fs: 10 pounds of linotype anyone?

getting down to the dregs here - I have 4 ingots (2.5 pounds) of
linotype alloy that I can ship to anywhere in the USA for a total of
$18.50 - if interested, drop me a note via the email listed on my web
page, www.wbnoble.com

There is still a quantity of separator alloy (more tin) and lead ingots
available too.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/7/2011 6:07 AM, Bill Noble wrote:
getting down to the dregs here - I have 4 ingots (2.5 pounds) of
linotype alloy that I can ship to anywhere in the USA for a total of
$18.50 - if interested, drop me a note via the email listed on my web
page, www.wbnoble.com

Too far away for me, but I'm curious: what's it good for?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/6/2011 2:26 PM, Jordan wrote:
On 3/7/2011 6:07 AM, Bill Noble wrote:
getting down to the dregs here - I have 4 ingots (2.5 pounds) of
linotype alloy that I can ship to anywhere in the USA for a total of
$18.50 - if interested, drop me a note via the email listed on my web
page, www.wbnoble.com

Too far away for me, but I'm curious: what's it good for?

the linotype alloy is one of the lead/tin/antimony alloys that seems to
be favored by those who cast their own bullets. it's also useful for
toy soldiers and other such cast items because it is pretty stiff and
casts nicely.

--
www.wbnoble.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:

Too far away for me, but I'm curious: what's it good for?

the linotype alloy is one of the lead/tin/antimony alloys that seems to
be favored by those who cast their own bullets. it's also useful for
toy soldiers and other such cast items because it is pretty stiff and
casts nicely.

Might be better to hawk it on Craigslist. Shipping is going to be a killer. Pretty much
a So Cal only deal if you allow pickup.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/6/2011 5:04 PM, Wes wrote:
Bill wrote:

Too far away for me, but I'm curious: what's it good for?

the linotype alloy is one of the lead/tin/antimony alloys that seems to
be favored by those who cast their own bullets. it's also useful for
toy soldiers and other such cast items because it is pretty stiff and
casts nicely.

Might be better to hawk it on Craigslist. Shipping is going to be a killer. Pretty much
a So Cal only deal if you allow pickup.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

You can put a lot of lead in a flat rate box.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Bob La Londe wrote:

On 3/6/2011 5:04 PM, Wes wrote:
Bill wrote:

Too far away for me, but I'm curious: what's it good for?

the linotype alloy is one of the lead/tin/antimony alloys that seems to
be favored by those who cast their own bullets. it's also useful for
toy soldiers and other such cast items because it is pretty stiff and
casts nicely.

Might be better to hawk it on Craigslist. Shipping is going to be a
killer. Pretty much
a So Cal only deal if you allow pickup.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

You can put a lot of lead in a flat rate box.

IIRC flat rate boxes have a 70 pound limit... they're a great deal for
small heavy stuff. They even give you the box for free!

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

Erik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

it should fit into a $5.20 s,all flat rate box

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:
getting down to the dregs here - I have 4 ingots (2.5 pounds) of
linotype alloy that I can ship to anywhere in the USA for a total of
$18.50 - if interested, drop me a note via the email listed on my web
page, www.wbnoble.com

There is still a quantity of separator alloy (more tin) and lead ingots
available too.

Where were you when I as begging for a lousy couple hundred pounds, Bill?

--

Richard Lamb
email me:

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-03-07, Erik wrote:
In article ,
Bob La Londe wrote:

On 3/6/2011 5:04 PM, Wes wrote:
Bill wrote:

Too far away for me, but I'm curious: what's it good for?
the linotype alloy is one of the lead/tin/antimony alloys that seems to
be favored by those who cast their own bullets. it's also useful for
toy soldiers and other such cast items because it is pretty stiff and
casts nicely.
Might be better to hawk it on Craigslist. Shipping is going to be a
killer. Pretty much
a So Cal only deal if you allow pickup.

Wes
You can put a lot of lead in a flat rate box.

IIRC flat rate boxes have a 70 pound limit... they're a great deal for
small heavy stuff. They even give you the box for free!

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

Erik

I need three boxes, please?

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/6/2011 4:04 PM, Wes wrote:
Bill wrote:

Too far away for me, but I'm curious: what's it good for?

the linotype alloy is one of the lead/tin/antimony alloys that seems to
be favored by those who cast their own bullets. it's also useful for
toy soldiers and other such cast items because it is pretty stiff and
casts nicely.

Might be better to hawk it on Craigslist. Shipping is going to be a killer. Pretty much
a So Cal only deal if you allow pickup.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

aaah, wes/?? I said "delivered in the USA", so my $18.50 offer included
shipping within the USA (but, sadly, not canada - add another $10 for
Canada).

--
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-03-07, Erik wrote:
In article ,
Bob La Londe wrote:

On 3/6/2011 5:04 PM, Wes wrote:
Bill wrote:

Too far away for me, but I'm curious: what's it good for?
the linotype alloy is one of the lead/tin/antimony alloys that seems to
be favored by those who cast their own bullets. it's also useful for
toy soldiers and other such cast items because it is pretty stiff and
casts nicely.
Might be better to hawk it on Craigslist. Shipping is going to be a
killer. Pretty much
a So Cal only deal if you allow pickup.

Wes
You can put a lot of lead in a flat rate box.
IIRC flat rate boxes have a 70 pound limit... they're a great deal for
small heavy stuff. They even give you the box for free!

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

Erik

I need three boxes, please?

They have them free for the taking at the post office [1]... or you can
order larger quantities from the usps web site. They even ship them to
you postage free. Be sure to get the size you need, the shipping 'flat
rate' varies a bit for the different box sizes.

Erik

[1] In my (limited) experience, Flat Rate box stock can vary somewhat
from one post office to another. If they don't have the box/es you need
out in the lobby, try asking. They sometimes have more behind the
counter, or stashed in the back.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-03-07, Erik wrote:
In article ,
Bob La Londe wrote:

On 3/6/2011 5:04 PM, Wes wrote:
Bill wrote:

[...]

Looking for lead here, Eric...

--

Richard Lamb
email me:
web site:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I ship metal targets that way sometimes.
Four or five boxes. Heavy. I build in 1/4" wood
sides/top/bottom - all six - to spread the weight
across the whole surface. These boxes are tossed from
one site to another - then into conveyor belts then tossed...

Martin