Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default fs: 10 pounds of linotype anyone?

it should fit into a $5.20 s,all flat rate box

On 2011-03-07, Erik wrote:
In article ,
Bob La Londe wrote:

On 3/6/2011 5:04 PM, Wes wrote:
Bill wrote:

Too far away for me, but I'm curious: what's it good for?
the linotype alloy is one of the lead/tin/antimony alloys that seems to
be favored by those who cast their own bullets. it's also useful for
toy soldiers and other such cast items because it is pretty stiff and
casts nicely.
Might be better to hawk it on Craigslist. Shipping is going to be a
killer. Pretty much
a So Cal only deal if you allow pickup.

Wes
You can put a lot of lead in a flat rate box.

IIRC flat rate boxes have a 70 pound limit... they're a great deal for
small heavy stuff. They even give you the box for free!

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

Erik

I need three boxes, please?

--