Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bible Study

"Dan" wrote in message
On 3/1/2011 7:57 PM, First Post wrote:
On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 21:05:17 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 17:41:39 -0600, First Post
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:22:30 -0500,
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:19:57 -0500, Beam Me Up Scotty
wrote:

On 3/1/2011 1:59 AM, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
wrote in message
BS rhetoric at its finest (worst) - "All the
hatemongers of the so-called Religious Right--Focus on the Family,
the
Family
Research Council, and the American Family Association, to name a
few...."

Yes, all Christians must hate gays because Cliff says so!

I only know about 6 gays on a personal basis but every single one of
them
also proclaim themselves to be
Christians.

Convicted murderers on death row and child molesters claim to be
Christians......

If they can be..... others can also be.

One can claim to be the queen of England. Doesn't mean that they are
though.

"Christian" simply means that one believes that Jesus Christ was the
son of God who died for us on the cross.
Romans 10:9,10 "...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and
believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall
be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness,
and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

That's about all there is when it comes to qualifying as a
"Christian".
Jesus told the thief nailed to the cross next to him "today you will
be with me in paradise", so sin is actually inconsequential to being a
Christian.
Everything else people believe regarding "behaving like a Christian"
has to do with church doctrine, not biblical definition.

If you think that you can claim to be a Christian and not accept what
comes along with it, good for you. Raise all the hell you want to,
screw your neighbor anyway that you can, wish death on whole classes
of people, and do just whatever comes into your mind while you think
that God's grace will pull you through.

But be made aware that your chapter has already been written by the
One who gets to decide if you did or did not meet the requirements.
It's between you and Him in the end.

Mat 7:20 Therefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter
into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father
who is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not
prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name
do many mighty works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart
from me, ye that work iniquity.

Mat 7:24 Every one therefore that heareth these words of mine, and
doeth them, shall be likened unto a wise man, who built his house upon
the rock:

All well and good, but none of that has anything to do with whether or
not one is a Christian. Do those verses apply only to Christians?
Simply meeting the definition of a Christian does not automatically
assume a lack of "sin" or any level of moral perfection.
To point at another person that sincerely professes their faith and
say that they are not a Christian or say that they are a bad Christian
is not a very "Christian" thing to do.

Mathew Chapter 7:
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but
considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of
thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and
then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's
eye.

The reality is that we all can only do our best as we understand it
and sooner or later we are all gauranteed to find out if we were right
or not.

Maybe, but as was stated earlier, one can claim to be the Queen of
England, but that doesn't make it so...

To claim to be a Cristian, one should at least TRY to follow the teachings
of Christ (as stated in an admittedly political text). Most who proclaim
the loudest couldn't state any actual teachings, let alone demonstrate
that they believed in them by their actions.

Dan

Agreed, Dan.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The old expression says that actions speak louder than
words.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Bible Study SteveB[_13_] Metalworking 1 March 3rd 11 01:11 PM
Bible Study SteveB[_13_] Metalworking 0 March 2nd 11 08:39 PM
Bible Study RogerN Metalworking 26 March 1st 11 11:13 PM
what is/are the BIBLE(S) for woodworkers ? Courtney Thomas Woodworking 4 June 24th 06 02:55 AM