Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bible Study

Yes, the anti-Bible Study group is only for killing babies when they are
completely innocent, before they act like anything!

RogerN

"Cliff" wrote in message
[
Subject: Man fatally beats toddler 'to make him act like a boy instead of
girl'
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 5:00 PM

By Megan Coffey, Sonoma County Civil Rights Examiner

In a horrible tragedy on Long Island's Shinnecock Indian Reservation, a
20-year-old man is accused of beating to death the 17-month-old boy he was
babysitting. Pedro Jones told police he beat the child with closed fists
in an
effort to "make [the toddler] act like a boy instead of a little girl."

Jones, who is the boyfriend of the victim's mother, claimed the child's
August 2
death was an accident because he (Jones) "never struck that kid that hard
before," indicating that the abuse was not an isolated incident. Indeed,
Asst.
D.A. Robert Biancavilla told the court at Jones' arraignment that there
was
evidence of internal injuries to the child dating back to April 2010, when
Jones
first began babysitting for the boy, whose name was Roy Jones (not related
his alleged killer).

Pedro Jones was indicted on August 11 by a grand jury on charges of
second-degree murder, first-degree manslaughter and endangering the
welfare of a
child. The defendant entered a plea of not guilty.

Roy Jones's shocking murder is not without precedent. A similar case
occurred
in January 2005 in Tampa, Florida, where a man beat his own three-year-old
son
to death "in an effort to prevent him from being gay." Ronnie Paris, Jr.
was
eventually convicted of the murder of Ronnie Antonio Paris, and was
sentenced to
30 years. Is it just a coincidence that the killer was a member of a
Bible
study group at the time of the murder?

It is horrible enough that violence against lesbian, gay, bisexual and
transgender adults is still rampant in our society. It is arguably even
more
tragic when hate violence erupts against LGBT teenagers like California's
Lawrence King and Gwen Araujo.

But when our culture's antipathy toward gays and non-gender-conforming
people
results in the brutal murder of toddlers, words are not adequate to
describe the
devastating enormity of that act.

Still, it is important to remember that the deadly homophobia and
transphobia of
Pedro Jones and Ronnie Paris, Jr. did not occur in a vacuum. All the
hatemongers of the so-called Religious Right--Focus on the Family, the
Family
Research Council, and the American Family Association, to name a few--have
share in the responsibility for Roy Jones's and Ronnie Antonio Paris's
murders.

If only those who peddle hate speech against LGBT Americans were to
recognize
the execrable consequences of their anti-gay propaganda, perhaps our
nation
could avoid another tragedy like the hate crime killings of these innocent
little children--or, for that matter, attacks on non-gender-conforming
individuals of any age.
]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
Yes, the anti-Bible Study group is only for killing babies when they are
completely innocent, before they act like anything!

RogerN

How can you possibly equate the two sets of circumstances, Roger?

Are you really that hideously appalling in your approach to compassion and
human rights?

Next you'll be telling us that people who disagree with you should tortured
for all of eternity.

--
Jeff R.
(but no-one would be that disgusting...)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jeff R." wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
Yes, the anti-Bible Study group is only for killing babies when they are
completely innocent, before they act like anything!

RogerN

How can you possibly equate the two sets of circumstances, Roger?

Are you really that hideously appalling in your approach to compassion and
human rights?

Next you'll be telling us that people who disagree with you should
tortured for all of eternity.

--
Jeff R.
(but no-one would be that disgusting...)

Jeez Jeff, with RogerN blocked the only time I'm reminded of his existence
is when someone replies to him!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

Jeez Jeff, with RogerN blocked the only time I'm reminded of his existence
is when someone replies to him!

Sorry Dennis.
I'll try to be good.

JR

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeff R. wrote:
"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
Yes, the anti-Bible Study group is only for killing babies when they are
completely innocent, before they act like anything!

How can you possibly equate the two sets of circumstances, Roger?

Are you really that hideously appalling in your approach to compassion and
human rights?

Next you'll be telling us that people who disagree with you should
tortured for all of eternity.

It's that old, "I'm gonna save your soul if I have to burn you at the stake
to do it!" mentality.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 02:13:26 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

Jeff R. wrote:
"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
Yes, the anti-Bible Study group is only for killing babies when they are
completely innocent, before they act like anything!

How can you possibly equate the two sets of circumstances, Roger?

Are you really that hideously appalling in your approach to compassion and
human rights?

Next you'll be telling us that people who disagree with you should
tortured for all of eternity.

It's that old, "I'm gonna save your soul if I have to burn you at the stake
to do it!" mentality.

God bless their little hearts! Ain't relidjin wonderful?
"Please pass the eye plucker, Inquisitor #4."

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up
wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment
will be revealed. God "will give to each person according to what he has done."
Romans 2:5-6
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are
storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his
righteous judgment will be revealed. God "will give to each person
according to what he has done."
Romans 2:5-6

So long as God doesn't give to me what the Catholic Brothers gave to a lot
of the children over the years I'm sure I'll survive!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are
storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his
righteous judgment will be revealed. God "will give to each person
according to what he has done."
Romans 2:5-6

So long as God doesn't give to me what the Catholic Brothers gave to a lot
of the children over the years I'm sure I'll survive!

Most people who bring this up have something sexual in their past that needs
dealt with. They have lots of sage advice for others because it takes the
focus off THEM.

I was sexually abused as a child. It gets better unless you keep it in a
jar locked up inside you.

One out of three males, and one out of two females are sexually abused in
their lives. And it's mostly by family members. That means at the theater
someone on either side of you or both sides has a dark story. Or two. And
then there are those who can't or won't give a true answer.

Hope you feel better soon.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Download the book $10
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It's being used, over at pulling rack number 162. Have to
wait your turn. Just go to the flaming stake, and turn left,
just past the three crucifix.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message ...

It's that old, "I'm gonna save your soul if I have to burn
you at the stake
to do it!" mentality.

God bless their little hearts! Ain't relidjin wonderful?
"Please pass the eye plucker, Inquisitor #4."

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with
a club.
--Jack
London

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

But, they gave each other absolution afterwards. They are
fine (they think).

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

So long as God doesn't give to me what the Catholic Brothers
gave to a lot
of the children over the years I'm sure I'll survive!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

We shouldn't joke about it. Sorry to hear you are the one of
four.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Sorry to hear you were on the receiving end Steve, I've been very fotunate
to not have had to cope with the same thing. Over the years quite a few
colleages and friends have not been so lucky, sadly the perpetrators seem to
get off lightly.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Not all of them. He died of a brain tumor in restraints. And from what I
believe, that was childsplay for the real punishment he got.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Dennis wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

That means at the theater someone on either side of you or both

Sorry to hear you were on the receiving end Steve,

That's what Steve gets for sitting in front of Peewee Herman at the
movie theater.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

"CaveLamb" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Maybe there is a God afterall!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Only during mortality. I'm of the belief that God doesn't
look favorably on people who abuse the weak or helpless of
our society. (I incude people who abuse nursing home
patients in the "weak or..." category.) There will be a
price to be paid, though it may happen after death and
resurrection.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dennis" wrote in message
. au...

Sorry to hear you were on the receiving end Steve, I've been
very fotunate
to not have had to cope with the same thing. Over the years
quite a few
colleages and friends have not been so lucky, sadly the
perpetrators seem to
get off lightly.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've been thinking. One of the biggest acts of faith a man
(woman) can have, is to let God settle the score. Often it
happens out of sight. That requires a great trust in God, to
let God take care of the evil people of the world. Once in a
while, we get a reassurance that justice is being performed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dennis" wrote in message

Not all of them. He died of a brain tumor in restraints.
And from what I
believe, that was childsplay for the real punishment he
got.

Steve

Maybe there is a God afterall!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jeff R." wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message
m...
Yes, the anti-Bible Study group is only for killing babies when they are
completely innocent, before they act like anything!

RogerN

How can you possibly equate the two sets of circumstances, Roger?

Are you really that hideously appalling in your approach to compassion and
human rights?

Next you'll be telling us that people who disagree with you should
tortured for all of eternity.

--
Jeff R.
(but no-one would be that disgusting...)

I'm just pointing out the unbelievable hypocrisy of pointing out one death
but ignoring thousands of others. One death caused by someone's religious
belief is bad, but thousands of deaths caused by your religious belief is
OK, not even worth mentioning. I am against the deaths caused by both sets
of religious beliefs.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote

I'm just pointing out the unbelievable hypocrisy of pointing out one death
but ignoring thousands of others. One death caused by someone's religious
belief is bad, but thousands of deaths caused by your religious belief is
OK, not even worth mentioning. I am against the deaths caused by both
sets of religious beliefs.

RogerN

I saw the stage play "Hair", in 1969, IIRC. There was a poster one of the
nekkid actors was holding saying, "Fighting for peace is like ****ing for
chastity." Killing by "religious" people is detestable, but has always been
with us, and probably always will. Believe like I do, or I will kill you.
We even get it from atheists today, who claim they have no religion.

The death of any innocent should move any reasonable man, whatever the
situation.

SteveB

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Download the book $10
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've been thinking. One of the biggest acts of faith a man
(woman) can have, is to let God settle the score. Often it
happens out of sight. That requires a great trust in God, to
let God take care of the evil people of the world. Once in a
while, we get a reassurance that justice is being performed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Revenge IS a waste of time and having somebody live in your brain rent-free is just
stupid. The best revenge is indifference.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bah, humbug. I don't really care.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message
I've been thinking. One of the biggest acts of faith a man
(woman) can have, is to let God settle the score. Often it
happens out of sight. That requires a great trust in God,
let God take care of the evil people of the world. Once in
while, we get a reassurance that justice is being
performed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Revenge IS a waste of time and having somebody live in your
brain rent-free is just
stupid. The best revenge is indifference.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote

The best revenge is indifference.

I've heard it said the best revenge is success.

SteveB

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Download the book $10
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jeff R. wrote:

How can you possibly equate the two sets of circumstances, Roger?

Are you really that hideously appalling in your approach to
compassion and human rights?

Next you'll be telling us that people who disagree with you should
tortured for all of eternity.

Pro-abortion people may think they are all full of open-mindedness and
empathy for other viewpoints, but invariably they think anti-abortion people
have less concern about the rights of adults, although that is not the
difference at all.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message

Jeff R. wrote:

How can you possibly equate the two sets of circumstances, Roger?

Are you really that hideously appalling in your approach to
compassion and human rights?

Next you'll be telling us that people who disagree with you should
tortured for all of eternity.

Pro-abortion people may think they are all full of open-mindedness and
empathy for other viewpoints, but invariably they think anti-abortion
people have less concern about the rights of adults, although that is not
the difference at all.

In some societies, it is perfectly acceptable to kill children if they are
the wrong sex, or bring further burden on the families.

Go figger.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Tom Gardner" wrote

The best revenge is indifference.

I've heard it said the best revenge is success.

SteveB

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Download the book $10
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Yep! That does grate some people, doesn't it?

The Holy Bible Dave UK diy 1 May 27th 07 11:32 PM
The Housebuilder's Bible lonestar UK diy 6 August 12th 06 10:47 AM
what is/are the BIBLE(S) for woodworkers ? Courtney Thomas Woodworking 4 June 24th 06 02:55 AM