Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Somewhat On Topic - Aluminum (or other) to Granite

On Tuesday, March 1, 2011 5:18:53 AM UTC-8, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
I need to glue two large pieces of granite together at the edge.

I will not need to see the bottom of either part so I want to make a large
overlapping "plate" to span the "crack" and hold the two pieces together.

It is usually the case that the bed for a granite plate is
flat and level, and the joints are aligned by that lower
support; it gets complicated if you put an aluminum
strap into the mix.

Why not just grout the joint, or use epoxy? Where's it gonna
go that the aluminum would be of benefit?