Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Replacing Safe Handle?

On 2/7/2011 9:12 PM, Doug White wrote:

I convinced the first woman member of the team to take the PE pistol
course in ~ 1973. She was actually anti-gun, but had never fired one. I
told her she should learn about it before she bad mouthed it, and the
following spring she won the women's state indoor pistol championship.

I think the team is close to 2/3rds women now. I'd guess that the
majority of the team is asian, but many of them are US born, with names
like Alex, Eddie, Ruby, etc.

I actually spend more of my time gunsmithing than actively coaching. The
tryouts for the national championship are this weekend, so we really want
to make sure nobody has pistol problems. The team had a match against
Navy last weekend, and they had a variety of malfuctions. Navy beat us,
but not by very much. The gun problems could have made the difference.

MIT has a wide range of pistol types& models, and I've had to learn how
to diagnose& repair some I've never played with before. I fixed a
couple of Hammerli international free pistols today. Hopefully the other
coaches will be able to sort out any remaining issues before the match.

Doug White

Doug, can you either post or send me a note telling the best way to make
a donation that will directly benefit the team.

Thanks.

Stuart
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stuart Wheaton wrote in
:

[...]

THANK YOU! We can use every nickle we can scrounge. Our long term goal is
to try to set up an endowment to ensure that there is solid funding for the
future. In the meantime, donations can be made online at:

https://giving.mit.edu/givenow/GiftStart.dyn

When you go to the site, it will default to giving money to the general
(unrestricted) fund. You want to click on the REMOVE button next to that.
Then use the search feature (upper right) to look for "Sport Pistol Club",
which should come up as account number 2721334. Click on "Add to my gift
form", and continue from there.

Donations are tax deductable, of course.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Doug White (who just spent $400 of the team's money on spare parts)