Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ZENNI OPTICAL INFO

Hi,

I need some new glasses desperately. Is Zenni Optical still a good
bet? I googled and saw some bad remarks about them.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 5, 4:21*pm, justme wrote:
Hi,

I need some new glasses desperately. *Is Zenni Optical still a good
bet? *I googled and saw some bad remarks about them.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

I won't buy from anywhere else. I'm as satisfied with them as I am
with the local guys, but at 1/10th the cost.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've had excellent results. My optician gave me my Rx, when
I asked. Didn't provide the PD, but I'd asked about that
earlier. Zenni did right, by me. I bought a couple pair of
single focus, to my reading prescription. I use them for
reading, sharpening drill bits, computer work, etc. Worth
every penny. Lot less pennies than going to local optician.
And Zenni doesn't ask if the exam was more than two years
ago.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"justme" wrote in message
Hi,

I need some new glasses desperately. Is Zenni Optical still
a good
bet? I googled and saw some bad remarks about them.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 5, 3:21*pm, justme wrote:
Hi,

I need some new glasses desperately. *Is Zenni Optical still a good
bet? *I googled and saw some bad remarks about them.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

I have been using them for four years. I buy a new pair every six
months now rather than wearing a pair for three years. I cannot tell
the difference between the $40 Zenni and my old $300 Lenscrafters.

DL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've had excellent results. My optician gave me my Rx, when
I asked. Didn't provide the PD, but I'd asked about that
earlier. Zenni did right, by me. I bought a couple pair of
single focus, to my reading prescription. I use them for
reading, sharpening drill bits, computer work, etc. Worth
every penny. Lot less pennies than going to local optician.
And Zenni doesn't ask if the exam was more than two years
ago.

I use $9.95 drugstore cheaters.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2/5/2011 1:21 PM, justme wrote:
Hi,

I need some new glasses desperately. Is Zenni Optical still a good
bet? I googled and saw some bad remarks about them.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Wow, talk about a coincidence, I just got a pair of glasses from Zenni
Optical in the last week. I'd never bought a pair of eyeglasses online
before so I thought I would give them a try. The glasses I got seem good
in one respect and not so good in another. The optical part seems fine.
I see really well with them. But I bought some of the cheapest frames
they had. They were under fifteen bucks and even though we're talking
plastic I see a difference. The frames seem pretty cheap but then that's
what I ordered. My guess is that if I ordered more expensive frames then
they would be better quality. Overall I'd say you will get a good deal
from them. My glasses were around 62 bucks but I had a tint and they had
a fair amount of strength correction. At that price I can't complain. In
fact, I'm really pretty happy with them.

I also bought a pair from a company called Goggles4u. Those were rimless
and I'm very happy with them too. Excellent vision correction and they
look good too. Now I'm going to send them the frames from my old glasses
and have them put in new lenses. That's ten bucks plus the lenses. I
think it's a really good deal. I'll never buy glasses except online from
now on.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

justme wrote:
Hi,

I need some new glasses desperately. Is Zenni Optical still a good
bet? I googled and saw some bad remarks about them.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

I've had very good luck with them.
One caveat for *any* mail order vendor though.
Know your frame size! Measure the width (temple to temple)
of a comfortable old pair and use that as a selection
criteria, would be my advice.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rangerssuck,
Stormin Mormon,
Rich Grise,
TwoGuns,
Hawke,
and Winston:

Thanks a bunch guys. I will order with confidence now. I appreciate
the tip about temple width, too.

Funny, but I also went to googles4u site, too.

I hate to give my money overseas but the Gov't takes way too much from
us.

I ordered some heart medication (Plavix) from India and it was
half-price from my medical plan. If I didn't have a med. plan, I
probably would be dead now but even that became exorbitant.

Again, THANK YOU.

Joe

On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 15:21:03 -0600, justme wrote:

Hi,

I need some new glasses desperately. Is Zenni Optical still a good
bet? I googled and saw some bad remarks about them.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Drugstore only has + focuss lenses. My eyes need - focuss
lenses, which aren't sold at the dimestore. Due to someone
in government prohibiting it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rich Grise" wrote in message

I use $9.95 drugstore cheaters.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Welcome to the "satisfied Zenni customers" club.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

Hi,

I need some new glasses desperately. Is Zenni Optical
still a good
bet? I googled and saw some bad remarks about them.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've had excellent results. My optician gave me my Rx, when
I asked. Didn't provide the PD, but I'd asked about that
earlier. Zenni did right, by me. I bought a couple pair of
single focus, to my reading prescription. I use them for
reading, sharpening drill bits, computer work, etc. Worth
every penny. Lot less pennies than going to local optician.
And Zenni doesn't ask if the exam was more than two years
ago.

I use $9.95 drugstore cheaters.

Cheers!
Rich

Rich that's Exorbitant!
I get mine at the dollar store, 10 pairs at a time. There is always a pair
where I need them,
except at my computer desk :-)
Mikek

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 5, 7:21*pm, Rich Grise wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've had excellent results. My optician gave me my Rx, when
I asked. Didn't provide the PD, but I'd asked about that
earlier. Zenni did right, by me. I bought a couple pair of
single focus, to my reading prescription. I use them for
reading, sharpening drill bits, computer work, etc. Worth
every penny. Lot less pennies than going to local optician.
And Zenni doesn't ask if the exam was more than two years
ago.

I use $9.95 drugstore cheaters.

Cheers!
Rich

My glasses correct as much for astigmatism as they do for near/far
sightedness. Drugstore glasses really don't help me all that much. I
have various pairs of cheap Zennis scattered around the house.