Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default ZENNI OPTICAL INFO

On 2/5/2011 1:21 PM, justme wrote:
Hi,

I need some new glasses desperately. Is Zenni Optical still a good
bet? I googled and saw some bad remarks about them.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

Wow, talk about a coincidence, I just got a pair of glasses from Zenni
Optical in the last week. I'd never bought a pair of eyeglasses online
before so I thought I would give them a try. The glasses I got seem good
in one respect and not so good in another. The optical part seems fine.
I see really well with them. But I bought some of the cheapest frames
they had. They were under fifteen bucks and even though we're talking
plastic I see a difference. The frames seem pretty cheap but then that's
what I ordered. My guess is that if I ordered more expensive frames then
they would be better quality. Overall I'd say you will get a good deal
from them. My glasses were around 62 bucks but I had a tint and they had
a fair amount of strength correction. At that price I can't complain. In
fact, I'm really pretty happy with them.

I also bought a pair from a company called Goggles4u. Those were rimless
and I'm very happy with them too. Excellent vision correction and they
look good too. Now I'm going to send them the frames from my old glasses
and have them put in new lenses. That's ten bucks plus the lenses. I
think it's a really good deal. I'll never buy glasses except online from
now on.

Hawke