Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ot? the Vegan Imperetive;

On 1/29/2011 12:39 PM, Peter Lucas wrote:
When I did preschool I had this nice teacher. He was beautiful. He
was nice. Everyone else was ugly, everyone else smelled real bad (I
thought), and everyone else was real mean and would single me out for
''special'' treatment because I was a little ''different''- except
him. He was a Vegetarian.

When I was a kid around age 16 I was living in Narracourt and I got
angry and got temper tantrums and threw things from time to time. Like
a lot of other confused kids I needed dieterry help.

Doctors said ''cut back on your Red meats'' (and later added ''cut
back on all meats'' as eating meat makes people angry and
tempermental.

A lady who cut my hair when I was a kid was also vegetarian and she
tired to persuade me to be a vegetarian (but with my family it is
impossable).

My parents offloaded me to an australian Borstal 6 hours away from
home that are famous for their ''non-violence'' and ''pacifism''.Not
perfect they just try for peace with a bit more effort)and they in
turn intraduced me to vegetarianism.

It was a vegetarian school. I tried eating no meat for a few days and
liked it, and I met some Vegens to who really impressed me. Thats what
I wanted to be, a Vegan.

''It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living by its purely
physical effect on the human temperament would most beneficially
influence the lot of mankind- Albert Einstein, Letter to 'Vegetarian
Watch-Tower', 27 December 1950)''

Then I went to the army and due to unavailabillity of proper
vegetarian food and due to antagonism from the men (Soy Milk or Soy
Juice was rare and hard to find in those days) and I was just a
vegetarian. While in detention in the 1980s I had a Vegan fellow
inmate ''Craig Peterson'' who told me all about Veganism. I appreciate
the info and am sorry I did not switch from vegetarian to vegen
sooner. So thats MY story. What is yours?
--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Help reign in capitalism"s rampage; Vote http://greens.org.au

The most angry and temperamental people I ever met were all vegetarians.

cheers
T.Alan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"T.Alan Kraus" wrote in message
[...]

I eat red meat, and I'm not angry and aggressive. Just don't say what you
said in my presence, or I will kick your ass. And that goes for the rest of
your green friends, too.

Steve ;-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

[...]

I thouht you had stopped beating up girly men?

Teflon coated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

I eat red meat, and I'm not angry and aggressive. Just don't say what you
said in my presence, or I will kick your ass. And that goes for the rest
of your green friends, too.

I don't eat red meat. It turns brown when you cook it. ;-)

I wonder what will happen when the nuts and seeds and twigs crowd finds
out that the bacteria that cause milk to rot, making yogurt, are one-
celled _animals_ that have drowned in their own waste? Yeah, they eat
bacteria poop! How low on the food chain do you want to put yourself?

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:06:30 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

Steve B wrote:

I eat red meat, and I'm not angry and aggressive. Just don't say what you
said in my presence, or I will kick your ass. And that goes for the rest
of your green friends, too.

I don't eat red meat. It turns brown when you cook it. ;-)

My thoughts on red (and other colored) meat:

http://diversify.com/et2.html

I wonder what will happen when the nuts and seeds and twigs crowd finds
out that the bacteria that cause milk to rot, making yogurt, are one-
celled _animals_ that have drowned in their own waste? Yeah, they eat
bacteria poop! How low on the food chain do you want to put yourself?

The next time you talk with a vegetarian, ask them how it sounds when
they rip the living greens out of the ground. Do they hear the
screams? No? Why not? They should be ashamed!

I'll have a tenderloin to go, charred on the outside, rare on the
inside, with pepper and lots of garlic, please.

--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,
hoping it will eat him last.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Steve B wrote:

[...]

oh, come on - a self righteous vegetarian is as much an ass as a self
righteous carnivore. There are some health benefits to eating lower on
the food chain, and some environmental ones too, but it should be a
personal choice. Don't put down those who select a diet different than
you would, don't put down those whose religion or politics differ from
yours, and you can learn a lot. Or, you can isolate yourself in a
bubble of hatred - that too is your choice.

--
www.wbnoble.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich Grise wrote:
Steve B wrote:

I eat red meat, and I'm not angry and aggressive. Just don't say what you
said in my presence, or I will kick your ass. And that goes for the rest
of your green friends, too.

I don't eat red meat. It turns brown when you cook it. ;-)

I wonder what will happen when the nuts and seeds and twigs crowd finds
out that the bacteria that cause milk to rot, making yogurt, are one-
celled _animals_ that have drowned in their own waste? Yeah, they eat
bacteria poop! How low on the food chain do you want to put yourself?

Cheers!
Rich

The same as when the kosher Jews and Islams find out the edible grease
used in lubrication of food machinery and drips occasionally into the
food is made partially from rendered food scraps including hogs..

John
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

T.Alan Kraus wrote:
... So thats MY story. What is yours?
--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

The most angry and temperamental people I ever met were all vegetarians.

You don't say whether the most peaceful and laidback were also
vegetarians. Vegetarians aren't usually parked under the middle of the
bell curve.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 09:06:30 -0800, Rich Grise

I wonder what will happen when the nuts and seeds and twigs crowd finds
out that the bacteria that cause milk to rot, making yogurt, are one-
celled _animals_ that have drowned in their own waste? Yeah, they eat
bacteria poop! How low on the food chain do you want to put yourself?

The next time you talk with a vegetarian, ask them how it sounds when
they rip the living greens out of the ground. Do they hear the
screams? No? Why not? They should be ashamed!

And then they eat it alive! I wonder how that poor defenseless lettuce
feels while it's being ground between those big, merciless, vegetarian
molars?

:-

Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

http://diversify.com/et2.html

Where's the fifth saying?

----quote----
"Five different sayings and graphics:

"Red meat is good. Fuzzy
blue-green meat is bad."

"The Titanic.
The Hindenburg.
The Clintons."

"My other body is a
TRIATHLETE"

"The more you complain,
the longer God makes you live."

These are available in two different colors: White and Ash Gray! Pick your
size from choices of Large and Extra large. We use only high-quality 50/50
TEEs ..."
----/quote----

????
Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:

yours, and you can learn a lot. Or, you can isolate yourself in a
bubble of hatred - that too is your choice.

I think we're talking about the ones who scold us and turn up their nose,
being all holier-than-me.

My primary point is that there is not now, nor has there ever been, anything
wrong with eating Real Food.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:46:23 -0800, Rich Grise
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

http://diversify.com/et2.html

Where's the fifth saying?

That was the ET2 page. ET1 has all 5, ET5 has just the last.
Can you figure it out, or?

--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,
hoping it will eat him last.
-- Sir Winston Churchill
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich Grise wrote:
Bill Noble wrote:

yours, and you can learn a lot. Or, you can isolate yourself in a
bubble of hatred - that too is your choice.

I think we're talking about the ones who scold us and turn up their nose,
being all holier-than-me.

My primary point is that there is not now, nor has there ever been, anything
wrong with eating Real Food.

Well, I wonder how Real you're willing to get with your food.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

It's a start.
I'll gross you out with a raw meat challenge, you can accuse me of being
all holier-than-thou, and it's a win-win for us both.
Ready?
OK!

*Real Chicken*
Of course it's raw! It has to be. And bloody. We're not disguising what
Real Food *really* is, and it's a mess. Stringy and stretchy. Real Food.
Can you stomach it?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Beryl wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Bill Noble wrote:

yours, and you can learn a lot. Or, you can isolate yourself in a
bubble of hatred - that too is your choice.

I think we're talking about the ones who scold us and turn up their nose,
being all holier-than-me.

My primary point is that there is not now, nor has there ever been,
anything wrong with eating Real Food.

Well, I wonder how Real you're willing to get with your food.

It's a start.
I'll gross you out with a raw meat challenge, you can accuse me of being
all holier-than-thou, and it's a win-win for us both.
Ready?
OK!

*Real Chicken*
Of course it's raw! It has to be. And bloody. We're not disguising what
Real Food *really* is, and it's a mess. Stringy and stretchy. Real Food.
Can you stomach it?

OK, you win. I'm too squeamish to eat raw meat. I don't even eat sushi; it
kinda weirds me out, even though you can't get any fresher than live. I
think I'm from the branch of the family tree where my ancestors were
selected by fire - some clever hominid went into the embers after a forest
fire and found that cooked meat tasted better than raw, and was easier to
eat, so the clever hominid and his family learned to control fire, and burn
meat on purpose. ;-)

(presumably, somewhere along the line, they figured out to skin it first,
to get rid of the burned-hair flavor. ;-) )

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich Grise wrote:

... I don't even eat sushi; it
kinda weirds me out,

Shellfish - Don't people realize it's bugs?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bill Noble wrote:

don't put down those whose religion differ from
yours,

I would go along with that UNLESS that religion is trying to
kill all those that don't belong to it. :-(
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Rich Grise wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:

http://diversify.com/et2.html

Where's the fifth saying?

"These are available in two different colors...", obviously. :-)

----quote----
"Five different sayings and graphics:

"Red meat is good. Fuzzy
blue-green meat is bad."

"The Titanic.
The Hindenburg.
The Clintons."

"My other body is a
TRIATHLETE"

"The more you complain,
the longer God makes you live."

These are available in two different colors: White and Ash Gray! Pick your
size from choices of Large and Extra large. We use only high-quality 50/50
TEEs ..."
----/quote----

????
Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Beryl" wrote in message
Rich Grise wrote:
Bill Noble wrote:

[...]

It's much better with a couple of raw oysters on top.......................

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lewis Hartswick" wrote in message
m...
Bill Noble wrote:

don't put down those whose religion differ from yours,

I would go along with that UNLESS that religion is trying to
kill all those that don't belong to it. :-(
...lew...

"It is not only necessary to win every argument, but then to kill the
opponent."

- One of my former wives -

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
Download the book.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

http://diversify.com/et2.html

Where's the fifth saying?

That was the ET2 page. ET1 has all 5, ET5 has just the last.
Can you figure it out, or?

No, because when I to to http://diversify.com/et1.html, it
gives me a 404.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

http://diversify.com/et2.html

Where's the fifth saying?

That was the ET2 page. ET1 has all 5, ET5 has just the last.
Can you figure it out, or?

No, because when I to to http://diversify.com/et1.html, it
gives me a 404.

It appears that I misspelled http://diversify.com/tees2.html
It's well past time for a complete site redo, though.

--
If we attend continually and promptly to the little that
we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
"Beryl" wrote in message
*Real Chicken*
Of course it's raw! It has to be. And bloody.

It's much better with a couple of raw oysters on top.......................

Steve

I ate a shrimp once. Cold thing, in a salad. The sensation was like
chewing on a wad of rubber bands.

See the Fear Factor episode where the players drank fly/maggot smoothies?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

*wrote:

Steve B wrote:

[...]

--www.wbnoble.com- Hide quoted text -

Well said.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 30, 6:48*pm, Rich Grise wrote:
Bill Noble wrote:
yours, and you can learn a lot. *Or, you can isolate yourself in a
bubble of hatred - that too is your choice.

I think we're talking about the ones who scold us and turn up their nose,
being all holier-than-me.

My primary point is that there is not now, nor has there ever been, anything
wrong with eating Real Food.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

In my experience that would be the Conservative Right.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 30, 11:02*pm, Beryl wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Bill Noble wrote:

[...]

In nature most meat eaters get most of thier protein from
carrion....dead/decaying animals.

Go for it.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 31, 10:15*pm, Beryl wrote:
Steve B wrote:
"Beryl" wrote in message
*Real Chicken*
Of course it's raw! It has to be. And bloody.

It's much better with a couple of raw oysters on top........................

Steve

I ate a shrimp once. Cold thing, in a salad. The sensation was like
chewing on a wad of rubber bands.

See the Fear Factor episode where the players drank fly/maggot smoothies?

...wad of rubber bands...bit a guy's nose off in a fight...same thing.

TNT