Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ot? the Vegan Imperetive;

Steve B wrote:

"T.Alan Kraus" wrote in message
On 1/29/2011 12:39 PM, Peter Lucas wrote:
When I did preschool I had this nice teacher. He was beautiful. He
was nice. Everyone else was ugly, everyone else smelled real bad (I
thought), and everyone else was real mean and would single me out for
''special'' treatment because I was a little ''different''- except
him. He was a Vegetarian.

When I was a kid around age 16 I was living in Narracourt and I got
angry and got temper tantrums and threw things from time to time. Like
a lot of other confused kids I needed dieterry help.

Doctors said ''cut back on your Red meats'' (and later added ''cut
back on all meats'' as eating meat makes people angry and
tempermental.

A lady who cut my hair when I was a kid was also vegetarian and she
tired to persuade me to be a vegetarian (but with my family it is
impossable).

My parents offloaded me to an australian Borstal 6 hours away from
home that are famous for their ''non-violence'' and ''pacifism''.Not
perfect they just try for peace with a bit more effort)and they in
turn intraduced me to vegetarianism.

It was a vegetarian school. I tried eating no meat for a few days and
liked it, and I met some Vegens to who really impressed me. Thats what
I wanted to be, a Vegan.

''It is my view that the vegetarian manner of living by its purely
physical effect on the human temperament would most beneficially
influence the lot of mankind- Albert Einstein, Letter to 'Vegetarian
Watch-Tower', 27 December 1950)''

Then I went to the army and due to unavailabillity of proper
vegetarian food and due to antagonism from the men (Soy Milk or Soy
Juice was rare and hard to find in those days) and I was just a
vegetarian. While in detention in the 1980s I had a Vegan fellow
inmate ''Craig Peterson'' who told me all about Veganism. I appreciate
the info and am sorry I did not switch from vegetarian to vegen
sooner. So thats MY story. What is yours?
--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Help reign in capitalism"s rampage; Vote http://greens.org.au

The most angry and temperamental people I ever met were all vegetarians.

cheers
T.Alan

I eat red meat, and I'm not angry and aggressive. Just don't say what you
said in my presence, or I will kick your ass. And that goes for the rest of
your green friends, too.

I thouht you had stopped beating up girly men?

Teflon coated.