Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default ot? the Vegan Imperetive;

Beryl wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:
Bill Noble wrote:

yours, and you can learn a lot. Or, you can isolate yourself in a
bubble of hatred - that too is your choice.

I think we're talking about the ones who scold us and turn up their nose,
being all holier-than-me.

My primary point is that there is not now, nor has there ever been,
anything wrong with eating Real Food.

Well, I wonder how Real you're willing to get with your food.

It's a start.
I'll gross you out with a raw meat challenge, you can accuse me of being
all holier-than-thou, and it's a win-win for us both.
Ready?
OK!

*Real Chicken*
Of course it's raw! It has to be. And bloody. We're not disguising what
Real Food *really* is, and it's a mess. Stringy and stretchy. Real Food.
Can you stomach it?

OK, you win. I'm too squeamish to eat raw meat. I don't even eat sushi; it
kinda weirds me out, even though you can't get any fresher than live. I
think I'm from the branch of the family tree where my ancestors were
selected by fire - some clever hominid went into the embers after a forest
fire and found that cooked meat tasted better than raw, and was easier to
eat, so the clever hominid and his family learned to control fire, and burn
meat on purpose. ;-)

(presumably, somewhere along the line, they figured out to skin it first,
to get rid of the burned-hair flavor. ;-) )

Cheers!
Rich