Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rifle is fine, don't add a rail to a Kalashnikov....

http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-28, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

A westerner made it up, as the message is full of American stereotypes
(dildos, slave factories. side of the barn). But it is true. Those
"rail systems" are a sham. I have one and I would not put it on the
gun.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

Who cares, it's hilarious.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-28, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

A westerner made it up, as the message is full of American stereotypes
(dildos, slave factories. side of the barn). But it is true. Those
"rail systems" are a sham. I have one and I would not put it on the
gun.

Those "rail systems" fall in the same category as "wheel spinners",
useless bling.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-28, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

A westerner made it up, as the message is full of American stereotypes
(dildos, slave factories. side of the barn). But it is true. Those
"rail systems" are a sham. I have one and I would not put it on the
gun.

Those "rail systems" fall in the same category as "wheel spinners",
useless bling.

Yep, exactly.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

I believe a westerner made it up if you are asking about the response. However, I doubt
the response is off the mark.

As to would someone build a picatinny system for a AK? Hell yes, sellers are looking for
buyers and there are buyers for that sort of thing in the wanna be tactical type
population.

Now that I think about it, the Russian impersonator was writing about that sort of person.

American military hardware = sports car

Russian military hardware = tractor

Both get it done in their unique way.

Wes
--
If it makes you feel better, your government fears you as much as you fear it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-28, Wes wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

I believe a westerner made it up if you are asking about the
response. However, I doubt the response is off the mark.

As to would someone build a picatinny system for a AK? Hell yes,
sellers are looking for buyers and there are buyers for that sort of
thing in the wanna be tactical type population.

Now that I think about it, the Russian impersonator was writing about that sort of person.

American military hardware = sports car

Russian military hardware = tractor

Both get it done in their unique way.

I have grown to love the sort of American military equipment that I
come across. Say, this MEP-006A generator, is really more like a
"tractor" than a "sports car". VERY well and honestly made
machine. Relatively easy to service and relatively fool proof. Very
sturdy. Also understandable.

I realize that it is 1970's designs and things may have moved on from
there.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-28, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

A westerner made it up, as the message is full of American stereotypes
(dildos, slave factories. side of the barn). But it is true. Those
"rail systems" are a sham. I have one and I would not put it on the
gun.

What's the American sterotype involving dildos?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:06:25 -0600, Ignoramus30636

On 2011-01-28, Wes wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:

[...]

I suspect that first of all it is in the very detailed manufacturing
specifications (right down to the specification for nuts and bolts)
and secondly because the military has an ongoing program of
redesigning something if it breaks more then once. Have a look at
Aircraft "Technical Orders" which are after manufacture changes to
correct even very minor problems.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 29, 8:04*am, john B. wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:06:25 -0600, Ignoramus30636

I have grown to love the sort of American military equipment that I
come across. Say, this MEP-006A generator, is really more like a
"tractor" than a "sports car". VERY well and honestly made
machine. Relatively easy to service and relatively fool proof. Very
sturdy. Also understandable.

We learned our lesson in WW2 when equipment had to work in Alaskan
cold, North African heat and dust and Guadalcanal humidity.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-28, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

A westerner made it up, as the message is full of American stereotypes
(dildos, slave factories. side of the barn). But it is true. Those
"rail systems" are a sham. I have one and I would not put it on the
gun.

What's the American sterotype involving dildos?

A dildo is a substitute penis, as are things like guns, loud cars,
motorcycles, rocket ships, etc., etc., etc. :-

Hope This Helps!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 15:53:46 +0800, "Dennis"

m...
On 2011-01-28, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

A westerner made it up, as the message is full of American stereotypes
(dildos, slave factories. side of the barn). But it is true. Those
"rail systems" are a sham. I have one and I would not put it on the
gun.

What's the American sterotype involving dildos?

Probably a gay liberal's strange idea of what a rifle is used for:

A mount for his dildo.

--
We're all here because we're not all there.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Jan 29, 8:04 am, john B. wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:06:25 -0600, Ignoramus30636

I have grown to love the sort of American military equipment that I
come across. Say, this MEP-006A generator, is really more like a
"tractor" than a "sports car". VERY well and honestly made
machine. Relatively easy to service and relatively fool proof. Very
sturdy. Also understandable.

We learned our lesson in WW2 when equipment had to work in Alaskan
cold, North African heat and dust and Guadalcanal humidity.

Very true. The Collins audio console I had at the AFN radio station
at the US Army Cold Weeather Research Facility in Alaska was treated
with anti fungal coating on the wiring harness, and over the solder
joints. That way, the same item could be shipped anywhere and be usable.

Teflon coated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

Two things. What is a rail, and how can I read that tiny print?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-28, Jim Stewart wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

A westerner made it up, as the message is full of American stereotypes
(dildos, slave factories. side of the barn). But it is true. Those
"rail systems" are a sham. I have one and I would not put it on the
gun.

What's the American sterotype involving dildos?

When Russians want to talk ****, they would not be mentioning dildos.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 10:04:47 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

Two things. What is a rail, and how can I read that tiny print?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picatinny_rail
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weaver_rail_mount

Click on the picture and your browser will open it up to full size.
(Firefox will do that for you, anyway.)

--
We're all here because we're not all there.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-28, Jim wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

A westerner made it up, as the message is full of American stereotypes
(dildos, slave factories. side of the barn). But it is true. Those
"rail systems" are a sham. I have one and I would not put it on the
gun.

Not to mention that the Russian "accent" of the writing isn't quite
accurate. Native Russian speakers have a distinctive way of using
definite articles for "stuff" where English demands the use of none at
all (the Russian-accented "you are full of the crap" vs. the
grammatically correct -- if not proper -- "you are full of crap").

I can't put my finger on exactly how, but somehow they aren't capturing
that idiosyncrasy, and others, of Russian-flavored English.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-28, Jim wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

A westerner made it up, as the message is full of American stereotypes
(dildos, slave factories. side of the barn). But it is true. Those
"rail systems" are a sham. I have one and I would not put it on the
gun.

Not to mention that the Russian "accent" of the writing isn't quite
accurate. Native Russian speakers have a distinctive way of using
definite articles for "stuff" where English demands the use of none at
all (the Russian-accented "you are full of the crap" vs. the
grammatically correct -- if not proper -- "you are full of crap").

I can't put my finger on exactly how, but somehow they aren't capturing
that idiosyncrasy, and others, of Russian-flavored English.

My the thoughts exactly!

pump-up air rifle Jerry Wass Metalworking 4 May 26th 10 09:05 PM
Winchester Rifle Cliff Metalworking 112 January 29th 06 11:27 AM
Why did this rifle blow up? Eric R Snow Metalworking 8 February 5th 05 02:10 AM
Best .22 rifle? larsen-tools Metalworking 70 July 3rd 04 01:52 AM
fence installation tips needed (3-rail post & rail and wire mesh) Bring out the Gimp Home Repair 1 June 25th 03 12:47 AM