Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30636 Ignoramus30636 is offline

Default Rifle is fine, don't add a rail to a Kalashnikov....

On 2011-01-28, Wes wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/Tz0m3.png

Iggy,

Does this sound real or do you think a westerner
made it up?

I believe a westerner made it up if you are asking about the
response. However, I doubt the response is off the mark.

As to would someone build a picatinny system for a AK? Hell yes,
sellers are looking for buyers and there are buyers for that sort of
thing in the wanna be tactical type population.

Now that I think about it, the Russian impersonator was writing about that sort of person.

American military hardware = sports car

Russian military hardware = tractor

Both get it done in their unique way.

I have grown to love the sort of American military equipment that I
come across. Say, this MEP-006A generator, is really more like a
"tractor" than a "sports car". VERY well and honestly made
machine. Relatively easy to service and relatively fool proof. Very
sturdy. Also understandable.

I realize that it is 1970's designs and things may have moved on from
there.