Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any recommendations for a "media center"?

I have an HTML switch - I really need more than a four to one version.

I wanted splitters (Y's ) to take a source and route it two ways...

I think the best bet is an old video amplifier - like a Sony 5.1
machine. It is the sound device amp and routes AV to itself and the TV.

IIRC, the output is in several 'kinds'. e.g. a splitter.

Martin

On 12/13/2010 2:10 PM, wrote:
On Dec 13, 12:25 pm, Gunner wrote:
Im wanting to hook up a VCR, DVD, tuner/amp etc etc to my tv set.

Some of the devices are rf, some are video/audio and so forth.

Any one have any idea of what such a center would be called? Im having
a stoke moment coming up with something on Ebay.

A box that brings all the various outputs from the devices and puts them
out to both a tv set and an amp so I can listen/watch all the various
devices in turn.

There are boxes out there that take multiple video/audio..but only a few
of the devices are AV..some are RF in/out such as a vcr.

The TV has both rf and AV inputs..and is hooked to a digital converter
so we can watch the new standard airplay.

Anyone?

Gunner

Used to be all sorts of A/V switch boxes out there, HDMI has made them
more or less obsolete, it doesn't take well to having intermediate
devices. You might be able to find some if your TV isn't that new.
New flat-panels have multiple inputs, you chose them from an on-
screen menu with the remote, no switch box needed. You probably
won't find a combo RF/AV switch, best you can probably do is composite/
S-Video with separate audio inputs/outputs. Sima made a good one at
one time, I'm sure it's been discontinued. Was smart enough to switch
to a new input when the corresponding device was turned on. Offered
some signal buffering as well.

Stan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Martin Eastburn wrote:

I have an HTML switch - I really need more than a four to one version.

HDMI?

http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/video/

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!