Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any recommendations for a "media center"?

Sounds like an old class of Video Switch used in cable companies and
such. It was (as the digital ones I have a part I did within) a cross
point switch - maybe 8 inputs to 8 outputs all 8 to one or any
combination. Draw 8 lines verticle and 8 lines crossing them horizontal.

Switchs are at each cross point. The line is a A/V set. Maybe some are
RF and some are others. Naturally it is best if all is the same -
since converters would be needed on switch blocks.

Pure digital is so easy as compared.

Complex set.

Martin

On 12/13/2010 2:15 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:28:52 -0800, Jim
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
Im wanting to hook up a VCR, DVD, tuner/amp etc etc to my tv set.

Some of the devices are rf, some are video/audio and so forth.

Any one have any idea of what such a center would be called? Im having
a stoke moment coming up with something on Ebay.

A box that brings all the various outputs from the devices and puts them
out to both a tv set and an amp so I can listen/watch all the various
devices in turn.

There are boxes out there that take multiple video/audio..but only a few
of the devices are AV..some are RF in/out such as a vcr.

The TV has both rf and AV inputs..and is hooked to a digital converter
so we can watch the new standard airplay.

Anyone?

A/V switch box.

Duh....G thought that doesnt help....

But I have
vcr= rf in/out only

DVD a/video/S (no rf)

TV= rf/av in, Audio out

Tuner/amp, audio in

over air digital converter= rf/av out, rf in.

I want to be able to play all TV audio over the tuner/amp (5 large
speakers)

So I need to be able to pump either rf or av to the tv, take out the
audio and run it to the stereo

The big issue is the vcr..it only has rf in/out..and I cant find a
switchbox that has rf in/out PLUS a/v in/out

I want to simply press the proper button to get a signal to the tv from
the vcr and the dvd player without switching a bunch of Stuff and having
to fart around with the TV. Changing a channel to the AV/in is ok.

Being able to copy to vcr from a dvd would be an added bonus.

HDMI? Not a device in the house has this, nor is likely to for several
years.

I could...run the digital converter to the vcr, then to the tv I
suppose, changing to channel 4 for the vcr...but the wife is
techologically challenged...shrug

If I had a bunch of money, Id simply buy a nice flat screen with av in
and buy all new goodies with af/out and get a simple $20 switch.

But I dont.

So got any better suggestions?

Gunner

Gunner

Top 10 Democrat Party Slogans

10. Bitterly clinging to aborton and taxes
9. We didnt destroy your freedoms, you can
visit them at the Smithstonian
8. If you want us to listen to your opinion, move to Europ
7. Someday none of this will be yours
6. We can't tax terrorism, so who cares?
5. Please don't vote us out!! None of us can hold a real job!
4. Why the Founding Fathers limited Government:
Racism!
3. Reducing America's carbon footprint, one job at a time.
2. America: We just cant wait to see how it ends!!
1. Making everything in this country free, except you.