Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 75th Rangers ( Gunner's unit in Vietnam), was Fast track to inequality....

On 8/15/2011 10:24 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 8/15/2011 11:29 AM, wrote:
On Aug 15, 1:44 pm, wrote:

Do you really believe that events such as you are talking about have any
connection to Mark Weiber of Taft, Ca.? That he's a person who would
have information that top level people, if they are even still alive,
would want to keep secret? I think you're giving credit where it's not
warranted. The most likely thing is that Gummer is spinning another
yarn, not that he actually is the keeper of critical information that no
one else has. Think about that. He's got information that has never come
to light since Vietnam and he's still keeping it safe all these years
later? Come on. Don't you know a bull**** story when you hear one? I
thought you had some life experience.

Hawke

Have you ever held a secret clearance? Have you ever been debriefed?
I thought not and yet you speak as if you know about clearances.

I do not pay a lot of attention, but has Gunner ever claimed to have
information that no one else has. I thought he just claimed to have
information that he was not at liberty to disclose.

Dan

You think there are any clearances that Gummer has to be subject to
these days?
And why would Gummer have information he wouldn't be at liberty to
disclose?
To me, none of it has the ring of truth to it. Actually, it sounds a lot
like crap. But then I'm not an easy guy to pull the wool over. I expect
to see some real evidence before I believe what people say. Since I've
heard outright lies from Gummer everything is questionable at this
point. You can believe everything he says if you feel like it. I wouldn't.

Nothing gummy says is reliable. He has a documented history as a
chronic and extravagant liar, and everything he says should be
considered presumptively false.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/15/2011 10:44 AM, Hawke wrote:
On 8/15/2011 12:25 AM, Don Foreman wrote:
On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:46:21 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

What really smells is the idea that now almost 40 years after Vietnam
ended he can't release his "classified" information. I guess his top
secret information will have to wait until fifty years after his death
until it can be unsealed and released to the public. Yeah, his "secrets"
would jeopardize national security so they have to remain sealed.
Bull****!

Hawke

The classification of some events has nothing to do with national
security. It's all about political and top-level ass-covering. There
are some things that will never come to light. They can't be undone
and those to blame, if those who weren't there would assign blame,
have retired or died.

Do you really believe that events such as you are talking about have any
connection to Mark Weiber of Taft, Ca.? That he's a person who would
have information that top level people, if they are even still alive,
would want to keep secret? I think you're giving credit where it's not
warranted. The most likely thing is that Gummer is spinning another
yarn, not that he actually is the keeper of critical information that no
one else has. Think about that. He's got information that has never come
to light since Vietnam and he's still keeping it safe all these years
later? Come on. Don't you know a bull**** story when you hear one? I
thought you had some life experience.

wieberdouche's entire yarn is bull**** - pure "stolen valor" bull****.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/15/2011 11:29 AM, wrote:
On Aug 15, 1:44 pm, Hawke wrote:

[...]

gummer never had information he was not at liberty to disclose. In any
case, understand that his claim is that he was in Viet Nam in the early
1970s. It's now almost 40 years later. Even if he had been in the
service, which he almost certainly wasn't, he wouldn't have had access
to any high-level classified information that would still be classified.
It's crap.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 17:15:12 -0700, "Mr.Smartypants"
wrote:

On 8/15/2011 11:29 AM, wrote:
On Aug 15, 1:44 pm, Hawke wrote:

[...]

According to the Wiki: "In 1986, the 75th Ranger Regiment was formed
and their lineage formally authorized".

Cheers,
John B.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 8/15/2011 11:29 AM, wrote:
On Aug 15, 1:44 pm, Hawke wrote:

[...]

Well, to be fair to all the true Ranger veterans out there, they were known
as the 75th Infantry Regiment (Ranger) before then.
Still, for all the obvious reasons, I do not believe a bit of Gunner's BS.
My favorite lie of his was claiming to go 264 MPH on a Ninja motorcycle.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 20:19:36 -0700, "anorton"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On 8/15/2011 11:29 AM, wrote:
On Aug 15, 1:44 pm, Hawke wrote:

[...]

Again, according to the Wiki:
On 1 February 1969, the final period of the existence of these units
began when the Department of the Army re-designated the LRP companies
and detachments as lettered Ranger companies of the 75th Infantry
Regiment under the Combined Arms Regimental System (CARS). All of the
LRP companies and detachments were re-flagged as Ranger companies on
that date, except Company D (Ranger), which was formed on 20 November
1969 upon the rotation of the Company D (Ranger), Indiana National
Guard back to its home state. The third period ended when the Ranger
companies were inactivated as their parent units were withdrawn from
the war between November 1969 (Company O of 3d Brigade 82d Airborne
Division), and 15 August 1972 (Company H of 1st Air Cavalry
Division)[7]

Motorcycles, I did come across a You tube showing three runs on
what looked like an air strip. Average of three runs was 287 KPH
according to the speedometer, or about 179 MPH. 264 MPH would be about
425 KPH.

Cheers,
John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 19:24:28 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Thu, 2 Aug 2012 20:19:36 -0700, "anorton"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

I do not believe a bit of Gunner's BS.
My favorite lie of his was claiming to go 264 MPH on a Ninja motorcycle.

Motorcycles, I did come across a You tube showing three runs on
what looked like an air strip. Average of three runs was 287 KPH
according to the speedometer, or about 179 MPH. 264 MPH would be about
425 KPH.

Yabbut Gunner modified his by utilizing his incredible technical
skills and funded by his massive R&D budget. Plus he was being chased
by an angry mob of creditors.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Motorcycles, I did come across a You tube showing three runs on
what looked like an air strip. Average of three runs was 287 KPH
according to the speedometer, or about 179 MPH. 264 MPH would be about
425 KPH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfo1x...eature=related

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat...-speeder_x.htm

http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicl...uki_honda.html

And one may wish to review the top speeds of these bikes.

http://www.carinsurance101.com/faste.../#.UB3GZ4c0Wnw

As I stated..it wasnt a "stock" Ninja. VBG

Gunner

If you went 264 MPH in any motorcycle that anyone might ever call a Ninja,
congratulations, you are a world record holder. Any motorcycle that ever
went that fast had a completely enclosed cockpit. Your description of your
ride made clear that was not the case. This is what this type of bike would
look like:
http://motorcrave.com/fastest-motorc...n-history/232/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Fortunately we don't have to take Gunner's word for his record setting
ride because there's a photo of it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/haroldjus/6124258964/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Yes. And?

As I stated..it wasnt a "stock" Ninja.

Gunner

Weren't you one of those guys that landed on the moon too?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 4:43:54 PM UTC-4, Hawke wrote:
On 8/5/2012 1:44 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Weren't you one of those guys that landed on the moon too?

Hawke

Mars. Just the other day.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You never rode a motorcycle or even drove a car at 200+ mph

Stop the bull****.