Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
anorton anorton is offline

Default 75th Rangers ( Gunner's unit in Vietnam), was Fast track to inequality....

"John B." wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Aug 2012 17:15:12 -0700, "Mr.Smartypants"
wrote:

On 8/15/2011 11:29 AM, wrote:
On Aug 15, 1:44 pm, Hawke wrote:

Do you really believe that events such as you are talking about have
any
connection to Mark Weiber of Taft, Ca.? That he's a person who would
have information that top level people, if they are even still alive,
would want to keep secret? I think you're giving credit where it's not
warranted. The most likely thing is that Gummer is spinning another
yarn, not that he actually is the keeper of critical information that
no
one else has. Think about that. He's got information that has never
come
to light since Vietnam and he's still keeping it safe all these years
later? Come on. Don't you know a bull**** story when you hear one? I
thought you had some life experience.

Hawke

Have you ever held a secret clearance? Have you ever been debriefed?
I thought not and yet you speak as if you know about clearances.

I do not pay a lot of attention, but has Gunner ever claimed to have
information that no one else has. I thought he just claimed to have
information that he was not at liberty to disclose.

gummer never had information he was not at liberty to disclose. In any
case, understand that his claim is that he was in Viet Nam in the early
1970s. It's now almost 40 years later. Even if he had been in the
service, which he almost certainly wasn't, he wouldn't have had access
to any high-level classified information that would still be classified.
It's crap.

According to the Wiki: "In 1986, the 75th Ranger Regiment was formed
and their lineage formally authorized".

Cheers,
John B.

Well, to be fair to all the true Ranger veterans out there, they were known
as the 75th Infantry Regiment (Ranger) before then.
Still, for all the obvious reasons, I do not believe a bit of Gunner's BS.
My favorite lie of his was claiming to go 264 MPH on a Ninja motorcycle.