Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sterilization For Drug Addicts

"Wild_Bill" wrote:

So there wasn't really anything that Tom wanted to add to yet another
off-topic post, if he hadn't seen it as an opportunity to give more exposure
to his favorite (non-metalworking) topic.. abortion.

After he's said that it's not clear why I'd criticize him.

Oh, I'm contributing to off-topic noise by pointing out what has
deteriorated this newsgroup.

crossposted groups removed

was also sent to 3 non-metalworking fanatic agenda groups, but he couldn't
show any consideration to RCM as being off-topic. Tom's opinion is too
important to limit it's exposure.

It would have been *nice* if he had cut rcm out of the reply.

I'm trying really really hard to be good, not easy for me. I wonder what this group is
going to look like just after election day?

For metal content, I need to rework some jaws in a diaphragm chuck at work. I'm figuring
two flue carbide and a bridgeport will get it done. I don't care if it is 4 holes opened
up and one end mill consumed. The tooling source didn't drill holes large enough to clear
the pressed in studs in the item we are turning.

Is there a grade of carbide to look for when milling hardened steel? I suspect the jaws
are in the Rc 60 range. I see grades often on inserts, not so much on end mills.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 19:28:00 -0400, Wes
wrote:

"Wild_Bill" wrote:

[...]

Have you considered doing it in the lathe, and grind the jaws with a
Dremal..or preferably..a die grinder in a tool holder?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I don't have a clue as to which specific carbide to use, you would certainly
know more about that, but I would suspect that the finished hole might not
be accurately centered if you intend to plunge the endmill, just to open up
the holes a little bit.

Can you grind the holes with small cylindrical shaped mounted points, and
maybe a rotary table? (cordless drill on the input shaft of RT maybe).
Most likely a lot slower operation, but may yield better accuracy.. and
possibly more mess to clean up.

For the non-metalworking question, I remember numerous times when, in the
past, folks have said.. Oh, the political (bull****) will end after the
election. That was 3 presidential elections ago.
The BS won't get lower until the worst offenders leave RCM, but they're not
likely to as long as their cheerleaders/groupies keep nurturing them.

A small group of punks are attempting to control the neighborhood.
It all depends upon the level of committment that the residents have to
control their neighborhood.

--
WB

"Wes" wrote in message

It would have been *nice* if he had cut rcm out of the reply.

I'm trying really really hard to be good, not easy for me. I wonder what
this group is
going to look like just after election day?

For metal content, I need to rework some jaws in a diaphragm chuck at
work. I'm figuring
two flue carbide and a bridgeport will get it done. I don't care if it is
4 holes opened
up and one end mill consumed. The tooling source didn't drill holes large
enough to clear
the pressed in studs in the item we are turning.

Is there a grade of carbide to look for when milling hardened steel? I
suspect the jaws
are in the Rc 60 range. I see grades often on inserts, not so much on end
mills.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Have you considered doing it in the lathe, and grind the jaws with a
Dremal..or preferably..a die grinder in a tool holder?

These are clearance holes for a bolt circle around a centerline. Not a lathe application.

Of course the right thing would be to send the darn jaws back for rework but the engineer
doesn't want to do that. Why?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wild_Bill" wrote:

I don't have a clue as to which specific carbide to use, you would certainly
know more about that, but I would suspect that the finished hole might not
be accurately centered if you intend to plunge the endmill, just to open up
the holes a little bit.

These are holes for a bolt circle.

Can you grind the holes with small cylindrical shaped mounted points, and
maybe a rotary table? (cordless drill on the input shaft of RT maybe).
Most likely a lot slower operation, but may yield better accuracy.. and
possibly more mess to clean up.

Don't have a grinder.

For the non-metalworking question, I remember numerous times when, in the
past, folks have said.. Oh, the political (bull****) will end after the
election. That was 3 presidential elections ago.
The BS won't get lower until the worst offenders leave RCM, but they're not
likely to as long as their cheerleaders/groupies keep nurturing them.

I just wish they would trim r.c.m. out of the replies. I monitor rec.guns that is
moderated. That suffers from moderation in that a back and forth conversation during an
evening can not take place unless a moderator is online instantly approving posts.

A small group of punks are attempting to control the neighborhood.
It all depends upon the level of committment that the residents have to
control their neighborhood.

Kill filters, marking threads ignore, right off the bat is helping at this end. I know
I'll never change anyone's mind that is hard core.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I consider you an excellent goodwill ambassador for RCM, Wes.

And if either of us live long enough, we may eventually see folks trim days
of previously-read posts off their replies, before sending them.

My delete key is working great for taking out the trash.

--
WB