Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Sterilization For Drug Addicts

I don't have a clue as to which specific carbide to use, you would certainly
know more about that, but I would suspect that the finished hole might not
be accurately centered if you intend to plunge the endmill, just to open up
the holes a little bit.

Can you grind the holes with small cylindrical shaped mounted points, and
maybe a rotary table? (cordless drill on the input shaft of RT maybe).
Most likely a lot slower operation, but may yield better accuracy.. and
possibly more mess to clean up.

For the non-metalworking question, I remember numerous times when, in the
past, folks have said.. Oh, the political (bull****) will end after the
election. That was 3 presidential elections ago.
The BS won't get lower until the worst offenders leave RCM, but they're not
likely to as long as their cheerleaders/groupies keep nurturing them.

A small group of punks are attempting to control the neighborhood.
It all depends upon the level of committment that the residents have to
control their neighborhood.

--
WB

"Wes" wrote in message

It would have been *nice* if he had cut rcm out of the reply.

I'm trying really really hard to be good, not easy for me. I wonder what
this group is
going to look like just after election day?

For metal content, I need to rework some jaws in a diaphragm chuck at
work. I'm figuring
two flue carbide and a bridgeport will get it done. I don't care if it is
4 holes opened
up and one end mill consumed. The tooling source didn't drill holes large
enough to clear
the pressed in studs in the item we are turning.

Is there a grade of carbide to look for when milling hardened steel? I
suspect the jaws
are in the Rc 60 range. I see grades often on inserts, not so much on end
mills.

Wes