Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Sterilization For Drug Addicts

"Wild_Bill" wrote:

So there wasn't really anything that Tom wanted to add to yet another
off-topic post, if he hadn't seen it as an opportunity to give more exposure
to his favorite (non-metalworking) topic.. abortion.

After he's said that it's not clear why I'd criticize him.

Oh, I'm contributing to off-topic noise by pointing out what has
deteriorated this newsgroup.

crossposted groups removed

was also sent to 3 non-metalworking fanatic agenda groups, but he couldn't
show any consideration to RCM as being off-topic. Tom's opinion is too
important to limit it's exposure.

It would have been *nice* if he had cut rcm out of the reply.

I'm trying really really hard to be good, not easy for me. I wonder what this group is
going to look like just after election day?

For metal content, I need to rework some jaws in a diaphragm chuck at work. I'm figuring
two flue carbide and a bridgeport will get it done. I don't care if it is 4 holes opened
up and one end mill consumed. The tooling source didn't drill holes large enough to clear
the pressed in studs in the item we are turning.

Is there a grade of carbide to look for when milling hardened steel? I suspect the jaws
are in the Rc 60 range. I see grades often on inserts, not so much on end mills.

Wes