Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
KG KG is offline

Default help glue PVC to silicon rubber?

I need suggestions on how best to attach small, 1/8 PVC tubing to "platinum catalyst silicon
rubber" here after preferred to as PRTV. I have found silicon caulking adheres well to the PRTV
but does not attach well to the PCV. I have tried most commonly available adhesives while many
attach well to one or the other nothing works well on both. Any suggestions or leads would be
appreciated.
*****************
Thank You

To reply to this email please remove the AT
after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

"Can't we all just get along"
Quote from Brett G

NO!
Quote from Ken G
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
KG wrote:

I need suggestions on how best to attach small, 1/8 PVC tubing to "platinum
catalyst silicon
rubber" here after preferred to as PRTV. I have found silicon caulking
adheres well to the PRTV
but does not attach well to the PCV.

Either use 1/8" PRTV silicone rubber tubing and silicone caulk (there
ain't no such thing as silicon rubber, BTW) or use a short section of
same and a mechanical join (hose barb connector) if you simply must have
the PVC tubing.

glue for plastic and rubber AKA gray asphalt Home Repair 7 November 6th 07 12:42 PM
Rubber "glue" TonyK UK diy 2 February 19th 05 11:30 PM
What glue for foarm rubber meirman Home Repair 7 January 22nd 05 06:41 PM
Glue for rubber to Al? Al A. Metalworking 10 January 6th 05 01:42 AM
Silicon rubber tubing Grunff UK diy 17 July 17th 03 02:39 AM