meirman

Default What glue for foarm rubber

What glue should I use to reglue a foam rubber bolster? I use it to
lean against when I'm reading in bed.

I'm thinking that Weldwood Contact Cement would be good, but I don't
want to find out I'm wrong and I've made things worse.

Thanks

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.
Roger

"meirman" wrote in message
What glue should I use to reglue a foam rubber bolster? I use it to
lean against when I'm reading in bed.

I'm thinking that Weldwood Contact Cement would be good, but I don't
want to find out I'm wrong and I've made things worse.

What are you gluing the foarm rubber to, the backboard?

Richard J Kinch

meirman writes:

I'm thinking that Weldwood Contact Cement would be good,

Agreed. Works for me.
Abe

What glue should I use to reglue a foam rubber bolster? I use it to
lean against when I'm reading in bed.

I'm thinking that Weldwood Contact Cement would be good, but I don't
want to find out I'm wrong and I've made things worse.

-----------
Check out this site
http://www.thistothat.com/
Joseph Meehan

If it has come undone, it may be getting old and the foam deteriorating.
If so there is little that will help. You will need to replace the foam.

Your idea may be good however and it should be worth a try. I have used
spray glue (photo mount) with some success as long as the foam is not too
old.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
"meirman" wrote in message
What glue should I use to reglue a foam rubber bolster? I use it to
lean against when I'm reading in bed.

I'm thinking that Weldwood Contact Cement would be good, but I don't
want to find out I'm wrong and I've made things worse.

Thanks

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.

willshak

On 1/22/2005 12:18 AM US(ET), meirman took fingers to keys, and typed
the following:

What glue should I use to reglue a foam rubber bolster? I use it to
lean against when I'm reading in bed.

I'm thinking that Weldwood Contact Cement would be good, but I don't
want to find out I'm wrong and I've made things worse.

Elmer's makes a 'Spray Adhesive' (that's the name), includes Foam as one
of the materials it will adhere to.

--
Bill