Grunff

Default Silicon rubber tubing

Huge wrote:
The silicon rubber pipe that attaches the hotplate to the water
supply has split in my Krups 310A coffee maker. The local, and
normally infallible, domestic spares place has failed me utterly,
and the Krups web site refers to some place in Birmingham that
doesn't open on Saturdays.

Anyone know where I can get about 4cm of silicon rubber pipe, approx
1cm in diameter?

I don't know anywhere where you can get really small amounts,
but I do know a couple of places that will sell you a couple of
metres. If you can't source small amounts, let me know and I'll
get you their contact details.

--
Grunff

Dave Gibson

"Huge" wrote in message
The silicon rubber pipe that attaches the hotplate to the water
supply has split in my Krups 310A coffee maker. The local, and
normally infallible, domestic spares place has failed me utterly,
and the Krups web site refers to some place in Birmingham that
doesn't open on Saturdays.

Anyone know where I can get about 4cm of silicon rubber pipe, approx
1cm in diameter?

Silicon rubber tubing is used for higher quality airlines in aquariums. You
should be able to buy small lengths from any pond/aquarium/tropical fish/pet
shop outlet.

Dave

The Natural Philosopher

wanderer wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message

The silicon rubber pipe that attaches the hotplate to the water
supply has split in my Krups 310A coffee maker. The local, and
normally infallible, domestic spares place has failed me utterly,
and the Krups web site refers to some place in Birmingham that
doesn't open on Saturdays.

Anyone know where I can get about 4cm of silicon rubber pipe, approx
1cm in diameter?

Try your nearest modelling shop, it's used for connecting to glow plug
engines in model boats.

That may be neoprene tho. neop[rene is used for water hoses and model
diesel fuel, silicone is used for glo fuel and glow engine exhaust. It
taints less in domestic culinary use I think. Neoprene hardens and
always tastes plasticky.

geoff

In message , Huge
writes
The silicon rubber pipe that attaches the hotplate to the water
supply has split in my Krups 310A coffee maker. The local, and
normally infallible, domestic spares place has failed me utterly,
and the Krups web site refers to some place in Birmingham that
doesn't open on Saturdays.

Anyone know where I can get about 4cm of silicon rubber pipe, approx
1cm in diameter?

You could try a CH merchant, it's probably the same tubing they use with
air pressure switches
--
geoff
Dave Plowman

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Also motor factors might have something in teh general fiels and oil
pipe line.

Fuel and oil pipelines in cars are pressurised so use reinforced
flexibles. Things that aren't like screen washers use plastic. You might
find some plain rubber like stuff for vacuum lines, though.

--
*Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

Grunff

Andrew wrote:

Is there any flexible tubing that will withstand oven temperatures of
~270C? If so I would like to play with a metre or so.

270C is a little on the high side. Standard silicone will do
220C without any problems. I've seen high temp silicone that
will do 300C, but it ain't cheap/easy to get hold of.

--
Grunff

impvan

Local hospital workshop. It's used in the peristaltic pumps of
dialysis machines. Ask before you borrow !
OldScrawn

I was hoping someone might have a good source for small quantities and smaller
sizes, but maybe there isn't one. At the more industrial scale there is NTC on
0171 371 9176, silicone and other hoses, also high temperature fabrics as used
for movement joints on flue ducts etc.
Gnube

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:19:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

wanderer wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message

The silicon rubber pipe that attaches the hotplate to the water
supply has split in my Krups 310A coffee maker. The local, and
normally infallible, domestic spares place has failed me utterly,
and the Krups web site refers to some place in Birmingham that
doesn't open on Saturdays.

Anyone know where I can get about 4cm of silicon rubber pipe, approx
1cm in diameter?

Try your nearest modelling shop, it's used for connecting to glow plug
engines in model boats.

That may be neoprene tho. neop[rene is used for water hoses and model
diesel fuel, silicone is used for glo fuel and glow engine exhaust. It
taints less in domestic culinary use I think. Neoprene hardens and
always tastes plasticky.

It's silicon, no worries.

Take Care,
Gnube

John Rumm

Gnube wrote:

Try radio control model shops who specialize in combustion engined
"flattie racers" they use it, as do some aerobatics folk, for
attaching tuned pipe silencers to the manifold stub of their engines.

Comes as clear of coloured as I recall. Not particularly cheap though,
but prices may have mellowed as the years have passed.

This lot have some in small quantities - not sure if they have the
diameter you need though....

http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/

(BTW - damn good shop if you are into fast RC Boats!)

--
Cheers,

John.

The Natural Philosopher

Default Silicon rubber tubing OFF TOPIC

John Rumm wrote:

Gnube wrote:

This lot have some in small quantities - not sure if they have the
diameter you need though....

http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/

(BTW - damn good shop if you are into fast RC Boats!)

No, but I would love to have a really nice electric paddle steamer for
the pond. About 12" long or something. Or maybe a conventional tug...any
ideas where to get a nice 'modellers' kit of something small and
electric? I cpuld iuse up some surplus radio gear that is too big for
teh plamens (sssh. I know, wrong freq, but I won't tell if you don't)

The Natural Philosopher

geoff wrote:

In message , John Rumm
writes

Gnube wrote:

Try radio control model shops who specialize in combustion engined
"flattie racers" they use it, as do some aerobatics folk, for
attaching tuned pipe silencers to the manifold stub of their engines.
Comes as clear of coloured as I recall. Not particularly cheap though,
but prices may have mellowed as the years have passed.

This lot have some in small quantities - not sure if they have the
diameter you need though....

http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/

(BTW - damn good shop if you are into fast RC Boats!)

A coffee machine which can travel at 50 knots?

Easy if you throw it hard enough..

OldScrawn

And radiospares (I always forget them) has both silicone and ptfe tube in a
range of sizes. Not small quantities though: £30 upwards per batch.
John Rumm

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

No, but I would love to have a really nice electric paddle steamer for
the pond. About 12" long or something. Or maybe a conventional tug...any
ideas where to get a nice 'modellers' kit of something small and
electric? I cpuld iuse up some surplus radio gear that is too big for
teh plamens (sssh. I know, wrong freq, but I won't tell if you don't)

Mayflower Models seem to have acquired the designs for all the old
Hydrafibre boats. They have a few here that might be suitable...

http://www.stevenchristie.co.uk/mm/page2.html

--
Cheers,

John.

Dave Plowman

In article ,
geoff wrote:

Which is probably why it wasn't put forward as a solution for someone
who wants a few inches

I get lots of spam about this very subject. ;-)

--
*A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
geoff

In message , Dave Plowman
writes
In article ,
geoff wrote:

Which is probably why it wasn't put forward as a solution for someone
who wants a few inches

I get lots of spam about this very subject. ;-)

I was thinking of that when I typed it, but then I thought "No, nobody
in here would sink so low"
--
geoff
geoff

In message , Dave Plowman
writes
In article ,
geoff wrote:
Which is probably why it wasn't put forward as a solution for someone
who wants a few inches

I get lots of spam about this very subject. ;-)

I was thinking of that when I typed it, but then I thought "No, nobody
in here would sink so low"

How long have you been reading this group? ;-)

I switched on about 5 minutes ago ... why?

Grabs protective clothing
--
geoff