Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Enco Bore Gage?

Enco has "Quality Dial Bore Gage Sets"on sale for ~$35, marked down
from ~$100. Stock numbers are TF240-0112 for 0.24" - 0.4" and
TF240-0113 for 0.4" - 0.7". Does anyone know how serviceable these
are, with or without the supplied indicator?

I bought their $30 0.2"-1.2" inside micrometer, expecting to have to
measure over the pins with a good mike, but it's actually quite good.
I aligned the marks at 0.300 and measured 0.3001 over the pins.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 31, 8:26*am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
Enco has "Quality Dial Bore Gage Sets"on sale for ~$35, marked down
from ~$100. Stock numbers are TF240-0112 for 0.24" - 0.4" and
TF240-0113 for 0.4" - 0.7". Does anyone know how serviceable these
are, with or without the supplied indicator? ...
jsw

Now that I've posted I can open up another tab to find them:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPAGE?P...cials/327-2828
Google Groups does have its limits.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 05:39:36 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

On Jul 31, 8:26*am, Jim Wilkins wrote:
Enco has "Quality Dial Bore Gage Sets"on sale for ~$35, marked down
from ~$100. Stock numbers are TF240-0112 for 0.24" - 0.4" and
TF240-0113 for 0.4" - 0.7". Does anyone know how serviceable these
are, with or without the supplied indicator? ...
jsw

Now that I've posted I can open up another tab to find them:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INPAGE?P...cials/327-2828
Google Groups does have its limits.

jsw

Damn! I could use about 3 of those sets in different sizes too!

This economy really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunner

"A conservative who doesn't believe? in God simply doesn't pray;
a godless liberal wants no one to pray. A conservative who doesn't
like guns doesn't buy one; a liberal gun-hater wants to disarm us all.
A gay conservative has sex his own way; a gay liberal requires us all
to watch and accept his perversion and have it taught to children.
A conservative who is offended by a radio show changes the station;
an offended liberal wants it banned, prosecuted and persecuted."
Bobby XD9
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I couldn't pass this up. So, i bought two sizes.

Enter code PFSJUN for free shipping.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 31, 6:51*pm, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
I couldn't pass this up. So, i bought two sizes.

Enter code PFSJUN for free shipping.

Karl

Thanks. Let me know if they are any good.

jsw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 05:26:58 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

Enco has "Quality Dial Bore Gage Sets"on sale for ~$35, marked down
from ~$100. Stock numbers are TF240-0112 for 0.24" - 0.4" and
TF240-0113 for 0.4" - 0.7". Does anyone know how serviceable these
are, with or without the supplied indicator?

I think someone else had gotten these and commented that they were
unexpectedly good quality for the money, so I ordered the 0.24-0.4 set
and the 0.4-0.7 set. On the web site both gage sets are pictured with
a wooden box.

The 0.4-0.7 set arrived first. Although the box was red plastic, it
had a metal latch and a real hinge on the back of the case, and the
interior had well fitted gray foam. It came with a sheet of
instructions. The gage worked and was repeatable. The dial indicator
that came with it had MHC on the face. I prefer wooden cases, but the
plastic case was of decent quality, so OK, I'm only minimally
disappointed.

The 0.24-0.4 set arrived yesterday. A little disappointing. It
arrived in a Harbor Freight quality red blow molded case with poorly
fitting interior compartments. No instructions in the box. The
anvils didn't quite have a good looking finish. The supplied wrench
was a really sloppy fit on the tiny nut at the end. The dial
indicator cosmetically looked identical to the one in the 0.4-07 set,
but did not have MHC on the face of the dial. The measurements were
repeatable. The poor case and the sloppy wrench detracted from what
is probably an OK gage.

I checked the catalog number and that matches with what I ordered, and
the web site shows the sets with wooden boxes. The wooden case
pictured on the web site is almost bait and switch compared to what I
got. Is this typical of Enco currently? I haven't bought much from
them in the past few years.

RWL

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 4, 10:13*pm, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET
wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 05:26:58 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
The 0.24-0.4 set arrived yesterday. *A little disappointing. *It
arrived in a Harbor Freight quality red blow molded case with poorly
fitting interior compartments. *No instructions in the box. * The
anvils didn't quite have a good looking finish. *The supplied wrench
was a really sloppy fit on the tiny nut at the end. *The dial
indicator cosmetically looked identical to the one in the 0.4-07 set,
but did not have MHC on the face of the dial. *The measurements were
repeatable. *The poor case and the sloppy wrench detracted from what
is probably an OK gage. *...
RWL

I received the .2-.4 and .4-.7 ones together and both are of the same
decent quality, in red plastic boxes marked MHC. The instructions
don't apply to the small sizes and when I checked for better ones on
the website the smaller one was listed as on backorder, so apparently
you got a substitute.

jsw

Fitting large-bore mandrel to a smaller bore motor? _[_2_] Metalworking 6 August 26th 09 01:28 AM
$359 miter gage Mike O. Woodworking 5 July 11th 08 02:31 AM
Zeroing Mitutoyo Digimatic Bore Gage [email protected] Metalworking 0 November 27th 07 03:18 AM
Fowler Xtender Electronic Cylinder Bore Gage [email protected] Metalworking 1 April 25th 06 05:14 AM
Planer gage SteveF Metalworking 3 August 13th 05 04:40 AM